Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Order advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting and on mobile, so forgive my typos.

Back in March, everyone around me was buying a Tesla, so I fomo'd in and ordered my first Tesla/EV ever: a refreshed LR MX with 7seat config, 22' rims, Beige interior, Grey ext, FSD and other cool stuff. Team #1147xxxx

Delivery initally said June so of 'cause, I sold my primary vehicle and kept my fingers crossed, counting down daily on the EDD.

Unfortunately, just like everybody else, June became blank, then September, blank, October, blank, November...

After the first disappointment, I kept the Tesla order since the $100 was non-refundable but went ahead and placed an order for another non-ev vehicle.

I'll be taking the delivery for this non-ev order tomorrow, while my Tesla MX order reads its estimated delivery as January.

Considering all the price bumps since this order, thoughts on making any gains on the standing order? This is over 15k price increase on a similar order with the same config today.

Is the order transferable? Or will Tesla or a TMC fan do a buyback so its a win-win?
What are my options?

It’s my understanding that selling the reservation is a strict no, and even transferring it to a non-relative is not allowed. But I have no first hand knowledge of this, just hearsay.

With the great price on used cars, how about turning around and flipping the non-EV you are currently taking delivery on, and stick with plan A and still take the X when it is available?