Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X order: delivery date keeps sliding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the relationship, if any, between what a service center says and what the Tesla app says is your delivery date? my app keeps shifting, now saying Aug 27 to Oct 1. The SC looked at their computer a week ago and said it should be delivered to the Kansas City service center Sept 3, a Saturday I have a lot of logistics to get lined up and make the 400 mile drive to KC, check in hand. As of now, I’ve put things in motion to make the trip to KC on Sept 7, Wednesday. I don’t yet have a VIN.

What is the relationship, if any, between what a service center says and what the Tesla app says is your delivery date? my app keeps shifting, now saying Aug 27 to Oct 1. The SC looked at their computer a week ago and said it should be delivered to the Kansas City service center Sept 3, a Saturday I have a lot of logistics to get lined up and make the 400 mile drive to KC, check in hand. As of now, I’ve put things in motion to make the trip to KC on Sept 7, Wednesday. I don’t yet have a VIN.
Zero.

They may have more information, but the allocation is very dynamic from the factory. Until you have a VIN, it's all an estimation. Even with a VIN, the dates can change +/-, again depending on the logistics (eg delays in shipments, etc)

Zero.

They may have more information, but the allocation is very dynamic from the factory. Until you have a VIN, it's all an estimation. Even with a VIN, the dates can change +/-, again depending on the logistics (eg delays in shipments, etc)
Goan. That what I was afraid of. ive got a trip to the east coast planned for mid October and wont take my new car unless it’s PPF completed.

My model X delivery date keeps sliding: first it was Feb, then May, now October ... did I miss a step in the order process? (i.e. they keep pushing me back to the end of the queue)?
I live in California and my X delivery date was slipping, slip-sliding away into the future when lo & behold it slightly moved forward! The window is now 10/19 to 11/30. The outside date was 12/15 previously. Today I visited the Tesla Store nearby and saw an X sitting there waiting for delivery. I have been assuming that there are two X runs/year from Fremont so today's sighting makes me wonder. Can they that easily convert from 3 to Y to S to X???

Ordered 3/5/2022 Model X -Blue exterior with black and white interior, six seat configuration. Estimated delivery 12/15/22 - 2/9/23. Delivery in Wisconsin ( Illinois). In Late October will change delivery to Florida. Do not know how it will then affect delivery time.

I live in California and my X delivery date was slipping, slip-sliding away into the future when lo & behold it slightly moved forward! The window is now 10/19 to 11/30. The outside date was 12/15 previously. Today I visited the Tesla Store nearby and saw an X sitting there waiting for delivery. I have been assuming that there are two X runs/year from Fremont so today's sighting makes me wonder. Can they that easily convert from 3 to Y to S to X???
There is a dedicated line for the S and X in the Fremont plant. It's max capacity is 24,500 vehicles per quarter. But they are still ramping toward that rate. Last quarter they produced about 15,000 S and X. The line was shutdown for 3 months or so in early 2021 for the changeover to the refresh version.

Zero.

Even after I got a vin, fully paid for car due to state legal requirements, got insurance the car is not in hand. It was not delivered to Kansas City when I was told, it had sat, paid for, in Kansas City for over a week, and had three times I’ve been told it’s on its was to Council Bluffs but it’s still not in council bluffs, although I was told it would be there today. I am frustrated and getting angry. There are 65 to 460 miles involved and a lot of logistics on my end to get to pick up car. Council bluffs is 150 miles closer so that, although unknown to me until the day before I thought I’d pick up in KC works out better for transportation to SC but now it doesn’t because no one is available to drive me. So I booked a limo but that requires 25 hr notice. I’m going tomorrow but the car isn’t there as promised. Told maybe tomorrow. I’m sitting, stuck, in CB until car show up.