Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS in AZ said that the owner account production status and even the updates they are getting are lagging due to ramped up Model X production right now. He's seeing cars finished when they're showing half way through the process. Good news all around !

My DS in AZ said that the owner account production status and even the updates they are getting are lagging due to ramped up Model X production right now. He's seeing cars finished when they're showing half way through the process. Good news all around !
I hope that’s the case. I’ve been told start production on the 18th, deliver on the 30th. With Christmas holiday, so maybe 10 days total, I have no clue how they will do that based on the spreadsheet.

I doubt that they're shutting down the production line for long, if at all. I'm guessing that yours will start on the 18th, finish by the 25th and deliver to the SC no later than the 27th. That would be on the "normal" timeline. If it's pushed up at all, you'll be good to go. Good luck!

I’m frustrated with my DS team...when I first ordered (11/10) they told me “mid-December”...radio silence ever since.

The sales team at the local store told me that I should be able to have it by December 15-16 (production started 11/30) as they said the MyTesla is a little delayed from reality.

Last week my sales team told me they see that my X will arrive in Rockville on or about 12/13 even though it was still in paint last Tuesday. This was re-verified to me on Saturday that it is still listed this way even though MyTesla STILL says in production.

Sadly, I received an email from a new DS last week (Wednesday) saying he was taking over my “S” delivery (even though I ordered an X) and that I would have it by Xmas or shortly thereafter....I made an appointment for the wrap based upon the previous conversations for before that. When I emailed him correcting him about the order and informing him that his boss and the sales team had advised 15th-16th, that I needed his help getting some things clarified from the finance team...not even the courtesy of a reply saying he’d check on it.

Immediately thereafter I emailed him a second time and asked him to make sure NOT to install the front license plate bracket - that email he acknowledged.

Frustrating.

I was at the Tesla store this weekend (my wife and girls were shopping next to it and I was bored) and one of the sales guys went a re-checked and it still shows 12/13 arrives to SC. I got another email from the head of sales yesterday asking if the DS even bothered responding yet - I told him nada - he was going to follow up tomorrow.

if it weren’t for the sales guys I’d be Steve Wonder. I can tell you this - those two sales guys have a VERY nice bottle of scotch each coming to them...where the DS will not....he should remember the time of the year and the fact that I just spent $150k on a car and try to make a LITTLE effort. Perhaps he’s overwhelmed...which could be the case...:mad:

I’m frustrated with my DS team...when I first ordered (11/10) they told me “mid-December”...radio silence ever since.

The sales team at the local store told me that I should be able to have it by December 15-16 (production started 11/30) as they said the MyTesla is a little delayed from reality.

Last week my sales team told me they see that my X will arrive in Rockville on or about 12/13 even though it was still in paint last Tuesday. This was re-verified to me on Saturday that it is still listed this way even though MyTesla STILL says in production.

Sadly, I received an email from a new DS last week (Wednesday) saying he was taking over my “S” delivery (even though I ordered an X) and that I would have it by Xmas or shortly thereafter....I made an appointment for the wrap based upon the previous conversations for before that. When I emailed him correcting him about the order and informing him that his boss and the sales team had advised 15th-16th, that I needed his help getting some things clarified from the finance team...not even the courtesy of a reply saying he’d check on it.

Immediately thereafter I emailed him a second time and asked him to make sure NOT to install the front license plate bracket - that email he acknowledged.

Frustrating.

I was at the Tesla store this weekend (my wife and girls were shopping next to it and I was bored) and one of the sales guys went a re-checked and it still shows 12/13 arrives to SC. I got another email from the head of sales yesterday asking if the DS even bothered responding yet - I told him nada - he was going to follow up tomorrow.

if it weren’t for the sales guys I’d be Steve Wonder. I can tell you this - those two sales guys have a VERY nice bottle of scotch each coming to them...where the DS will not....he should remember the time of the year and the fact that I just spent $150k on a car and try to make a LITTLE effort. Perhaps he’s overwhelmed...which could be the case...:mad:
UPDATE - Today I FINALLY heard back from the DS (only because the sales manager pinged him I'm sure)...X is delayed a week so I will NOT be able to get it wrapped before we go away to the snowy tundra (I'd like it wrapped before we drive 12+ hours on highways with rocks and road salt) unless he can get it to me 1 day earlier....fingers crossed.

It's not like I need a whole walk through, I'm already a Tesla owner, I just need to go over it to make sure no problems...

But...very excited....:cool:

UPDATE - Today I FINALLY heard back from the DS (only because the sales manager pinged him I'm sure)...X is delayed a week so I will NOT be able to get it wrapped before we go away to the snowy tundra (I'd like it wrapped before we drive 12+ hours on highways with rocks and road salt) unless he can get it to me 1 day earlier....fingers crossed.

It's not like I need a whole walk through, I'm already a Tesla owner, I just need to go over it to make sure no problems...

But...very excited....:cool:

It’s really interesting to hear about the various poor experiences with Tesla DS. Mine has been absolutely phenomenal at communicating with me and replying very quickly to questions. Glad it’s not a corporate wide problem! I hope Tesla do recognize the good ones!

For those of you that used this spread sheet and and have taken delivery, I have a question: How accurate was the estimated delivery date that was provided by the spread sheet(not the one provided by tesla) under the "new summary" tab? Thanks

Added my info. Really useful spreadsheet. Order confirmed 1/23/18. No VIN.
Mailed my DS today. Go this reply: "Your car is on track to complete production in the 2nd or 3rd week of March. We just recently pushed cars back to June because of high demand for anyone ordering from here on out."

How do deliveries work? After March the next set of deliveries will only be June? Meaning do they do delivery all at once in a quarter or deliver as and when finished? I mean once March deliveries are finished I'm assuming it won't take 3 months to build since the delivery date just got pushed to June.

Any experience on how deliveries are planned by Tesla?