Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out about a week ago, and that was the answer. I've just reached out again. Wish me luck!

Good Luck - I haven't heard anything recently either and I got my VIN 4/28 with a pretty similar config as yours.

Purely conjecture, but right now Tesla is cranking out Model 3s for WA to get them delivered before the 31st (when the sales tax deal expires). I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed many of us into "mid-June" to avoid taking up spots on trucks that could be moving Model 3, or dealers that are doing dozens of Models 3 deliveries per day.

Nick

Did you make this change on a confirmed order? If so, did you have to pay the $500 change fee?
Yes I changed my order about a week and a half after the Model S was confirmed. I ask if it was possible to change before production begins. The sales team ask if I had even driven a X. I said no, and they preceded to give me a Model X to try out overnight. The next day was the drop dead decision I had to make, so I went with the X. No they did not charge me the 500.00 change fee, but I did loose out on the 500.00 referral credit since the new May promotion. They canceled my S order and started a Model X order. And they transferred my 3500.00 deposit to the Model X. Basically starting over. Same configuration as the Model S, only 5000.00 more for the Model X.

Good Luck - I haven't heard anything recently either and I got my VIN 4/28 with a pretty similar config as yours.

Purely conjecture, but right now Tesla is cranking out Model 3s for WA to get them delivered before the 31st (when the sales tax deal expires). I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed many of us into "mid-June" to avoid taking up spots on trucks that could be moving Model 3, or dealers that are doing dozens of Models 3 deliveries per day.

Nick

Yeah, all I got was "Mid-June" but I am not sure if they understood I meant production rather than delivery. They don't have long to get as many 3s to WA as possible. So we will see when it's actually "June."

Yes I changed my order about a week and a half after the Model S was confirmed. I ask if it was possible to change before production begins. The sales team ask if I had even driven a X. I said no, and they preceded to give me a Model X to try out overnight. The next day was the drop dead decision I had to make, so I went with the X. No they did not charge me the 500.00 change fee, but I did loose out on the 500.00 referral credit since the new May promotion. They canceled my S order and started a Model X order. And they transferred my 3500.00 deposit to the Model X. Basically starting over. Same configuration as the Model S, only 5000.00 more for the Model X.

Thanks for the info, i've been pondering the exact opposite. Going from my confirmed X to an S. Honestly they are both great choices, and I've never called and asked because I am not even sure if I want to switch. Wish I could afford them both :)

I was guaranteed '100% absolutely' june delivery by salesman when i placed order earlier this month. I expressed my doubts given their problem manufacturing history and he shot me down. as of today i still don't have a VIN. Still doubt june will happen. I wonder if there's anything tesla is not willing to overpromise on. Let's see if they can surprise me.

We've been stuck with our VIN waiting for production for a couple of weeks. Our DS indicated delivery in early to mid June.

We're checking the Tesla Account page several times each day.

Still waiting...

We've been stuck with our VIN waiting for production for a couple of weeks. Our DS indicated delivery in early to mid June.

We're checking the Tesla Account page several times each day.

Still waiting...

My Vin was 5/8 and my DS is still saying the same as of today. I asked for a production start date waiting on that if he can get it.

Mine claimed they can't see that. Was I asking the question wrong? How do I ask to find out when it was "scheduled" for? It's June in a little over five and two thirds days. I would like some granularity!

They can certainty see the estimated delivery time however I am not sure on the production estimation. I am hoping their estimation of mid to late June holds true.

They can certainty see the estimated delivery time however I am not sure on the production estimation. I am hoping their estimation of mid to late June holds true.
My DS could see the production window and since I am in the PNW he was pretty sure he could meet the 6/22 delivery date, vin confirmed on 5/10. Pretty sure they will hammer through production in June due to it being quarter end, I just hope that does not compromise quality control.

My DS could see the production window and since I am in the PNW he was pretty sure he could meet the 6/22 delivery date, vin confirmed on 5/10. Pretty sure they will hammer through production in June due to it being quarter end, I just hope that does not compromise quality control.

Nice to know that. So he should return with an answer of something then. Yeah I was told the same, they are huge on end of Q numbers. I also am worried about QC, lots of horror stories on here and this thing will be my DD.

My service manager gave me a firm delivery date and time long before the vehicle went into production. i get my X on june 5th and it only showed up as in production 2 days ago. these dates and things all matter so much right now while we are waiting but once we get ours we will probably never think on this stuff again. haha.

My service manager gave me a firm delivery date and time long before the vehicle went into production. i get my X on june 5th and it only showed up as in production 2 days ago. these dates and things all matter so much right now while we are waiting but once we get ours we will probably never think on this stuff again. haha.
Totally agree. I waited for our Model 3 for 2 years plus! And since taking delivery in February I don't remember those 2 painful years waiting (well I am lying, I sometimes do). This time around for the X its going to be a piece of cake compared to the Model 3 wait..

I've sent two e-mails to my DS and have had radio silence. I was promised delivery around the third week of June (VIN 5/17) but since placing the order no one has answered my emails or texts... Should I just expect a July/August delivery? I'm sure the website will just say that's scheduled for production for another few weeks.

I've sent two e-mails to my DS and have had radio silence. I was promised delivery around the third week of June (VIN 5/17) but since placing the order no one has answered my emails or texts... Should I just expect a July/August delivery? I'm sure the website will just say that's scheduled for production for another few weeks.
I did the same i still haven’t gotten a reply i emailed my delivery lady and texted her my vin was confirmed on 5/5 still waiting...

Thanks for the info, i've been pondering the exact opposite. Going from my confirmed X to an S. Honestly they are both great choices, and I've never called and asked because I am not even sure if I want to switch. Wish I could afford them both :)
I tossed and turned the night before over the decision to switch. I like the looks of the MS over the MX. But practical won out over looks. I'm 6'9" and it's a little easier to get in and out of the X. Also those FWD and the windshield of the X are awesome. I've been driving a Volt for the last 4 1/2 years so getting in the MS is about the same. In the end, either car is a great choice. Good luck with your decision. Keep in mind if you do make the switch you are starting over and getting back to the end of the line, you will have to wait that much longer.