Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that the base price has increased. With the options that I selected the total price is about 2K less. I have sent an email to the DS to check what price I will get when I take delivery.

MX Ordered Jun 28th
Confirmation Jul 2nd
Vin Assigned Jul 7th
Status shows scheduled for production

Just noticed that the base price has increased. With the options that I selected the total price is about 2K less. I have sent an email to the DS to check what price I will get when I take delivery.

MX Ordered Jun 28th
Confirmation Jul 2nd
Vin Assigned Jul 7th

You should check the other thread on PUP, they won't honor the new cost.

MX Ordered Jun 28th
Confirmation Jul 2nd
Vin Assigned Jul 7th

Are you located in the US? Which state? I ordered in mid-June and mine is still not in production (California). People in OR and NY, who ordered later in June, have their cars in production. Tesla might be prioritizing production based on location within the US.

I got a reply from my DA and as you mentioned they won't honour the new price. I am wondering if that would have been the case even if the price has actually increased. Nonetheless, I am still waiting for the production to start. The wait is killing me.

Yes, the price would not increase. The price is locked in when your three day period is over. You essentially sign a contract.

Car is officially in production according to my DS

MX Ordered Jun 28th
Confirmation Jul 2nd
VIN Assigned Jul 7th
In Production Aug 14th
Expected Delivery Sep 24th

In Tesla MyAccount the status still shows scheduled for production for some reason. The delivery date is also way off given that it takes 2/3 days to build the car.

Reactions: K3Man and TexasRat
Car is officially in production according to my DS

MX Ordered Jun 28th
Confirmation Jul 2nd
VIN Assigned Jul 7th
In Production Aug 14th
Expected Delivery Sep 24th

In Tesla MyAccount the status still shows scheduled for production for some reason. The delivery date is also way off given that it takes 2/3 days to build the car.

That account page update is super slow. Give it a week or so

• Funny
Reactions: mucanta
My OA offered me a test drive model that matches my specs and has less than 100 miles on it. They offered a small discount but nothing that is enough to significantly sway my decision. My main concern is timing and features. Obviously the main benefit is that I get my car sooner rather than later with a slight discount. However, I'm worried there might be some small updates that I'd be missing.

This vehicle was delivered in June and has a VIN in the 105000 range. Based on the tracking spreadsheet this vehicle was probably manufactured in late May or early June. Does anyone see any downside to taking the inventory model? I'm not in a huge rush to get my car, but obviously having it sooner rather than later would be nice.

My OA offered me a test drive model that matches my specs and has less than 100 miles on it. They offered a small discount but nothing that is enough to significantly sway my decision. My main concern is timing and features. Obviously the main benefit is that I get my car sooner rather than later with a slight discount. However, I'm worried there might be some small updates that I'd be missing.

This vehicle was delivered in June and has a VIN in the 105000 range. Based on the tracking spreadsheet this vehicle was probably manufactured in late May or early June. Does anyone see any downside to taking the inventory model? I'm not in a huge rush to get my car, but obviously having it sooner rather than later would be nice.
You should make sure that it has MCU2, but other than that shouldn't make a difference

I've been patiently awaiting my MX 75D and my account finally reflects that production is completed! My DS has been great with communication so I'll give her till the end of the day before contacting her to schedule delivery :) I'll be picking up in Fremont so I hopefully can pickup within the week. Thanks to everyone for your stories and updates - it's helped manage my expectations!

Ordered Jun 27
Confirmation Jul 1
VIN Assigned Jul 7th
Production Aug 11
Transit Aug 15

Reactions: TexasRat
I've been patiently awaiting my MX 75D and my account finally reflects that production is completed! My DS has been great with communication so I'll give her till the end of the day before contacting her to schedule delivery :) I'll be picking up in Fremont so I hopefully can pickup within the week. Thanks to everyone for your stories and updates - it's helped manage my expectations!

Ordered Jun 27
Confirmation Jul 1
VIN Assigned Jul 7th
Production Aug 11
Transit Aug 15

Cool, hope the delivery goes smoothly for you and please do report back on this forum once you take delivery! Ordered mine mid-June, and still in production!

Instead of thinking about what you might be missing, you might also consider what you're gaining. One benefit you have with that test drive model is that you see exactly what it has and you can decide. Tesla can decide to choose to update materials (trim - like chrome -> graphite or wood like ash -> oak) at any time. They will not compensate you for the car, you'll just get whatever they produce at the time based on the materials changes they make.

If the car is exactly what you want and you get a little discount, then it might be worth it.