TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dmann000, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. RedOctober

RedOctober Member

You will love the car. Best car I have ever owned and has me enjoying driving again. Best of luck and welcome to the Tesla community. Just about every question you have can be answered on here.

2. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

I hope they do drop the price, too.

3. AZ90D

AZ90D Member

So my DS called to say hey lets schedule the delivery of your X. I’m elated. He says how about 3/22? I say great, that’s better than the end of March like I expected. I look on delivery sheet and see someone from AZ is picking it up a week before me and ordered at the same time. I called and asked if I could move up delivery date by chance and he comes back with “Yeah how about the 16th”. A whole week earlier. SMH. Oh well, at least I get my awesome car a week earlier and can quit driving my Defender that gets 10 mpg. Very excited to put it in Ludicrous plus.

4. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

Wow that’s crazy. A week earlier like it was no big deal.

5. drthomasgc

drthomasgc Member

We just got all of our delivery plans worked out for taking delivery of our brand new X on March 20th.!

6. DaiPlusPlus

DaiPlusPlus Member

#106 DaiPlusPlus, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    I saw Tesla put out a bunch of new inventory models today (including a few with over 4000 miles on the odometer... not sure how that's "new", exactly...) - I was tempted to call my DS to switch, but I realised none of them had the same spec as my order, so more waiting for me then... *grumble*

No update on my 7-week-old order yet since getting the VIN on saturday.

May I ask when your order was confirmed? I don't see your entry in the spreadsheet, so I'm curious what your time-to-production was, thanks!

7. cartech

cartech Member

Woohoo...my Model X 100D is in production :)

Seattle area delivery

8. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

Still no status updates on mine. I feel like mine is way behind everyone else's.

9. DaiPlusPlus

DaiPlusPlus Member

Whaaaaa?

According to the spreadsheet you placed your order almost a full month after mine and you got yours in production before me? :O

10. cartech

cartech Member

#110 cartech, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Yeah not my fault :)

I see you have a VIN assigned 935XX and mine was 922XX. Either way I think they started the west coast vehicles production now. We all should be getting it by end of March, obviously plus or minus couple of weeks here and there.
    I'm not sure how they queue up vehicles for production and in which order. But good luck yours should go to production soon as well is my guess.

11. DaiPlusPlus

DaiPlusPlus Member

I've plotted VIN's against the published Production Start date:

upload_2018-3-8_16-40-24.png

Interesting how the delays jumped in around 85XXX. As I'm 935XX I'm at the very right edge, so hopefully mine will enter production next week?

• Like x 1
  12. newtpootywinkl

I'm in LA - VIN 904XX and still listed as "scheduled for production" so who knows?

13. outie

outie Active Member

That’s consistent with all previous quarters. All US cars are produced toward the end of quarter. They produce overseas cars first so they can be delivered by end of quarter.

• Like x 1
  14. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

FINALLY mine has entered production today.

• Like x 2
  15. ImperialG

ImperialG Member

I'm Vin # 90XXX and mine has been in production for over a week. Thought that production was supposed to be a lot faster than that...

16. cartech

cartech Member

Based on the spreadsheet recently taking around 6-7 days. So yours may complete production anytime now given that it's already 7 days. When did it go into production? I saw at least two entries that went to production end of Feb and finish 1st week of March.

17. Poor Pilot

Poor Pilot Member

Today marks day 8 of production for me. VIN 913XX.

18. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

Data point for east coasters-in-wait: My Model X was in production between Feb 23 and Feb 27. Was loaded on a train to Birmingham, AL on Feb 28. Original delivery date was set for March 20. Was contacted yesterday evening by my DS. Car is early! Arrives in Rockville, MD over the weekend and the new delivery date is March 13. Hurray!!

I will update spreadsheet.

• Like x 1
  19. dlyle65535

dlyle65535 Member

Awesome! I think I may have missed that train by just a few days. Haven't heard from my DS in a week, probably time for another email.

-D...

20. loxo

loxo Member

Wooha, on point. Mine is 928XXX and in production since March 1st!

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.