Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I ordered around when deliveries just started pushing back to June so was in the border to begin with. And when my order confirmed I got a VIN assigned immediately which kind of gave me a hint that I might be actually in the March delivery window.
My guess is it has something to do with the 100D. Before all S/Xs were moved to June, the X75D moved to Late May with the X100D and XP100D were still March. My guess is someone backed out and you got their spot. Congrats.

Reactions: cartech
DS just emailed me to say they're moving my delivery date again: it was originally the last week of March, then it was pushed to the first week of April, now it's the end of March again.

I'm just wondering when I should hit the Apply-for-finance button...

UPDATE: I called my DS about the email and they said it's changed again to mid-April, "week of the 16th" but also that's it's changing all the time so they won't commit to any date for now. Gah. Looks like I'm going to miss out on getting to use it to go skiing this season then...

Last edited:
Mine is production but my DS hasn't even bothered to call me or email me once till now. I haven't reached out to him as well. I'll wait till it leaves production and in transit. Then I'll contact if he hasn't still done.

Mine is production but my DS hasn't even bothered to call me or email me once till now. I haven't reached out to him as well. I'll wait till it leaves production and in transit. Then I'll contact if he hasn't still done.

FWIW we have a specific trip planned at the end of the month so my DS and I have been in contact to prevent scheduling a delivery during our trip. Otherwise I don't think she would have called until it was in production

FWIW we have a specific trip planned at the end of the month so my DS and I have been in contact to prevent scheduling a delivery during our trip. Otherwise I don't think she would have called until it was in production

Similar deal here. Had I not initiated communication, I doubt I would have heard from my DS except for the introduction email. Since my car has completed production, I've been sending weekly 'hi, any updates?' emails. I always get a quick, polite reply but it has a distinct, 'dude, chill' type vibe.

I'm honestly a bit surprised by the lack of DS initiated communication, but I suspect this is a very busy time in an already busy job.

-D...

Do we get an email notification when the VIN gets assigned?

I didn't receive one, I just reloaded my order status page and it first appeared last Saturday - no email notification or anything.

I still haven’t uploaded a copy of my drivers license since I just got it renewed and it is on its way by mail. Does not uploading it delay my order in anyway?

When I ordered the car the person from the showroom told me all those documents don't need to be provided until a couple of weeks or even days before you expect to take delivery, so it won't slow down your order/production at all.

This is a kicker:

My DS emailed me to say that the 1.49% interest rate will not be available from 1st April onwards - even if you apply for financing at the very end of March - so the 30-day "lock-in" period does not apply anymore. I asked if I can secure financing in March even for delivery in April, I haven't heard a reply back yet - but if not then that's very, very disappointing (especially as I ordered the car when I did on the basis that I'd be able to get financing done at that interest rate).

Meanwhile, my order is still in "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory"-hell.

This is a kicker:

My DS emailed me to say that the 1.49% interest rate will not be available from 1st April onwards - even if you apply for financing at the very end of March - so the 30-day "lock-in" period does not apply anymore. I asked if I can secure financing in March even for delivery in April, I haven't heard a reply back yet - but if not then that's very, very disappointing (especially as I ordered the car when I did on the basis that I'd be able to get financing done at that interest rate).

Meanwhile, my order is still in "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory"-hell.

As long as you apply for financing before end of this month you should get the 1.49 rate. So if you get approved for the 1.49 rate on March 31st and your delivery is on April 10th you are still fine since you are still within the lockin period. At least that's what I have been told.

In April, we have to see what the new rates are, if they change or if they will increase or decrease.

As long as you apply for financing before end of this month you should get the 1.49 rate. So if you get approved for the 1.49 rate on March 31st and your delivery is on April 10th you are still fine since you are still within the lockin period. At least that's what I have been told.

In April, we have to see what the new rates are, if they change or if they will increase or decrease.

My DS just emailed me bad news:

I just received confirmation that the promotional rate is only valid until 3/30/18 regardless of when you apply.

We can’t sign financing for an undelivered vehicle unfortunately. I do appreciate your patience as we try and find a solution.

Maybe I'm getting stressed out over not much:

Say the loan principal is $100,000 over 72 months.

At the current 1.49% interest, that's $1,485/mo ($4,598 total interest)
If the rate rises to 2% interest, that's $1,507/mo (+$22) ($6,203 total interest)
If it rises to even 3% interest, that's $1,553/mo (+$68) ($9,394 total interest)

Probably not worth worrying about, really - but still annoyed about, because that's still an extra $1600-4800 in interest over the 6 years...