Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a MX-LR 5 seater on order? I'm in Toronto. My order page now says my EDD is "March 2022". Just curious what others' EDD's are.

PS: Oh, and please be nice to the CSRs at Tesla, they have no more information that you. I know that sounds odd, but they are not told anything by Tesla head office. I agree Tesla HQ needs to work on this, but don't shoot the messenger.
Last night I had an email from my SA indicating that Model X deliveries in Canada are awaiting final approval - supposedly doing final winter testing (probably fallout from the 3/Y heat pump issues). Converted from 7 to 6 seater, March EDD but suspect that will be delayed.

Last edited:
Anyone have a MX-LR 5 seater on order? I'm in Toronto. My order page now says my EDD is "March 2022". Just curious what others' EDD's are.

PS: Oh, and please be nice to the CSRs at Tesla, they have no more information that you. I know that sounds odd, but they are not told anything by Tesla head office. I agree Tesla HQ needs to work on this, but don't shoot the messenger.
Yes.

My EDD just got pushed from April 2022 to July 2022. I placed my order 1/28/2021 with no EDD stated and have had multiple EDDs with no further communication other than the Tesla App showing delivery EDD as moved again. Mine was for a 7-seat configuration.

Question: Have they physically built these cars and have them sitting waiting for parts? Does this mean when I do get delivery that I'm receiving an "older" vehicle without the benefits/changes that the ones being built today? Is the paint oxidizing and tires hardening as it sits for months in some lot? or will Tesla not manufacture the vehicle until all the parts are on hand to complete and deliver? Anyone had this experience?

My EDD just got pushed from April 2022 to July 2022. I placed my order 1/28/2021 with no EDD stated and have had multiple EDDs with no further communication other than the Tesla App showing delivery EDD as moved again. Mine was for a 7-seat configuration.

Question: Have they physically built these cars and have them sitting waiting for parts? Does this mean when I do get delivery that I'm receiving an "older" vehicle without the benefits/changes that the ones being built today? Is the paint oxidizing and tires hardening as it sits for months in some lot? or will Tesla not manufacture the vehicle until all the parts are on hand to complete and deliver? Anyone had this experience?
Well, if by July you're seeing a 2021 VIN, I'd say just straight up reject it. Tell them you might have ordered it last year, but it's up to them to actually deliver a vehicle in the year in which the order is being fulfilled.

Zero. I'm close to amongst the first orders of the refresh in Canada by my understanding of it, at least the ones that didn't have to be converted from the older model.
At this point, I feel as if I need to stop checking the status for my Model X; since I placed the order early Oct'21. My EDD has been pushed from May to Aut'22. But given how long you have been waiting for I would suspect that I will get mine before next winter.

At this point, I feel as if I need to stop checking the status for my Model X; since I placed the order early Oct'21. My EDD has been pushed from May to Aut'22. But given how long you have been waiting for I would suspect that I will get mine before next winter.
My latest "EDD" is August - that makes it 19 months from the point of order. I've little faith even in this "EDD".

me too!!!
this is absolutely 🤬ridiculous!!!
this literally is the worse customer relations i have ever seen from a supposedly top tier component
how can they not be embarrassed?
Ridiculous not the word for it. MX Plaid ordered July 21 and now July 22. Several calls including one a month ago from someone at Tesla asking if we had a trade and date showing 2-17 to 3-10 then back to April and now skipping to July after months of promised various dates going back to Oct 21. production scheduling they haven't a clue! Nor do the people you contact kind of like a Mushroom! Call from Fremont 1 month ago also asking to change from 5 seat to 6 and told him we don't care just ship what you have. Looked the next day and he arbitrarily changed it to a LR. Another call to change it back to Plaid. Went to the PDX Dealer and saw a new Plaid yet the guy at Fremont said none delivered in PDX? We wanted to take the 1 hour tour at Fremont but no response also.

Reactions: signalbobby
My latest "EDD" is August - that makes it 19 months from the point of order. I've little faith even in this "EDD".
This makes me wonder if I should just put down the deposit on maybe Model Y. Sure it doesn't have all the stuff I wanted that's in X but seems like I could get the Y this year. I can always look at selling Y once my X is ready or cancel my order and only have to lose out on my deposit. Plus I will save enough to maybe by M3 lol.

This makes me wonder if I should just put down the deposit on maybe Model Y. Sure it doesn't have all the stuff I wanted that's in X but seems like I could get the Y this year. I can always look at selling Y once my X is ready or cancel my order and only have to lose out on my deposit. Plus I will save enough to maybe by M3 lol.
It's an iffy proposition. Right now, the prices of used vehicles is high - just don't know for how long. If you're considering it for a trade-in, Tesla (in Canada) doesn't offer any good amount, privately, you might get a better deal. Model Y - it's unclear whether it's good timing too, since we know that they're on the cusp of 4680s/structural packs, matrix headlights and additional changes. Do your research before making a move is all I can advise.

Reactions: BonB
Ordered a Model X Plaid in December and the delivery date was October 2022. Today received a text from Tesla about trading in my vehicle because delivery date was approaching. I checked my app and the delivery date is now listed as March 9 - March 31. It still shows a RN# not a VIN#

Is this real? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

Ordered a Model X Plaid in December and the delivery date was October 2022. Today received a text from Tesla about trading in my vehicle because delivery date was approaching. I checked my app and the delivery date is now listed as March 9 - March 31. It still shows a RN# not a VIN#

Thanks.
Yes, 6th date change but maybe real! Went from July to same

Thanks.
Nothing changed for me at this point, but I have MX LR on order. It is end of the quarter, so sounds like they are making that push to get the deliveries completed. Good luck and hope this delivery date holds for you.

Do we know which month and year is currently under delivery? I ordered mine in May 21, initial delivery date at that time was Jan 22, keeps moving now it is at July 22. This is really frustrating. It stayed for a while at Feb went ahead and sold my second car hoping to pick this up, now left hanging with one car :(

Do we know which month and year is currently under delivery? I ordered mine in May 21, initial delivery date at that time was Jan 22, keeps moving now it is at July 22. This is really frustrating. It stayed for a while at Feb went ahead and sold my second car hoping to pick this up, now left hanging with one car :(
I also ordered MX in May 2021. My initial EDD was October-November. Then January. Then nothing. Then January again. Then February. Then March. Then April. Now July, and should I believe even that?

Sounds like chaos. Communications are terrible. They never told me any of this - I only learned by checking my account at my own volition.

I did visit my nearest Tesla delivery center on February 8, 2022, to inquire if they could provide any additional information. The customer service person said they are very limited in what they can find out themselves, but there was one thing that they could learn that I could not - the quarter that the vehicle should be manufactured.

I was told at that point that my MX was in "Planning" and that it should be built in the First Quarter of 2022. That made the April EDD sound reasonable - build it in March and due to cross-country transport, delivery would be in April. I was hopeful ... only to have that dashed with the new EDD of July 2022.