Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How to beat the anxiety and patience ? Ordered 100D March 5th - Confirmed March 8th , waiting patiently for my VIN. ( Montreal, QC )

Congratulations @walker450 on ordering your Tesla. We took delivery of an MX100D 10 days ago so I'll share what we did while waiting:

1) Visit the nearest delivery center and check out the vehicles
2) Visit your OA and sit in the showroom vehicles to get some hands on time with the touchscreen and learn the software
3) Read the forum, especially this post: Thoughts from an Old Timer

Thoughts From an Old Timer

4) Watch YouTube videos and live vicariously through the great Tesla experiences and road trips people have documented and shared; pace yourself so the videos last until your delivery date ;)
5) Clean out the garage
6) Analyze power options for charging
7) Pick a name for your Tesla
8) 30 days before delivery, contact your DS for MVPA, final documents and discuss payment options
9) identify SC locations on your trip routes and visit (if possible); most people at SCs are friendly and happy to discuss their Tesla experience
10) if you plan to use ChargePoint or have a card for emergency use, order a card online.
11) download EVPlugShare and Tesla apps

Hope that helps.

Tell me this was an April fool's day joke.

What part?
The re order date? That was real. I ordered it for a May delivery but when the MCU upgrade happened they had a car for me with March delivery. Too early - I need it in May.

The color? That was real. I ordered boring white but I saw a red X with white interior X and it was crazy cool...but probably only for one week. So I stuck to boring.

May delivery.

What part?
The re order date? That was real. I ordered it for a May delivery but when the MCU upgrade happened they had a car for me with March delivery. Too early - I need it in May.

The color? That was real. I ordered boring white but I saw a red X with white interior X and it was crazy cool...but probably only for one week. So I stuck to boring.

May delivery.
Interesting. So, you switched over to a new order to get the new MCU and that does not put you at the end of the line? I am surprised you've already received a VIN (being in the US). I ordered on 3/3. No VIN yet.

Sorry - No, I didn't switch over to the new MCU.

I ordered on 3/3 but they called me on 3/12 and asked if I wanted my car early. Someone had cancelled their order to get the new MCU and it was the same configuration I ordered. I don't want the X until May so they entered a new ordered date of 3/15. They issued the new VIN on 4/1. May is the scheduled delivery per requested.

Sorry - No, I didn't switch over to the new MCU.

I ordered on 3/3 but they called me on 3/12 and asked if I wanted my car early. Someone had cancelled their order to get the new MCU and it was the same configuration I ordered. I don't want the X until May so they entered a new ordered date of 3/15. They issued the new VIN on 4/1. May is the scheduled delivery per requested.
Thanks! Not able to see your order in the spreadsheet though .searched for mkspeedr.

Updated sheet. Based in Milton Keynes,UK. Ordered on 13th of March, Confirmed on 20th. Still showing "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory".

Hopefully will change status to In Production or likewise soon! Can't wait!

I completely lucked out! A canceled inventory X just became available with the same specs as mine, except for the sonic carbon wheels, which they'll switch out before delivery. I originally ordered March 10th w/ a June delivery projection but I'll be taking delivery a week from today. Double checked the new CPU and we're good to go! So excited.

Reactions: cartech
My DS emailed me today with an update. Nothing major. Just that my vehicle is scheduled to enter production late May and that he’ll set up a June delivery date as we get close.
So, it doesn’t look like there are many chances of getting mine before June.

Reactions: WINGIT
@DT - how did you get your MX already delivered when you placed the order on 3/8 being in the US? Doesn’t look like you switched to an inventory vehicle either since you’ve mentioned that you have the new MCU in the spreadsheet.