Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question regarding VIN#s...

I am assuming that the number being posted in the VIN# column has been the last five digits of your VIN, replacing the last two digits with XX for privacy. I received my VIN# today and it consists of 6 digits... for what I again am assuming is an incremental number to make sense I entered the the first four digits and replaced the last two with XX.

Could not find any instructions on this. So please let me know if I did it correctly.

And I guess I'm the first 6 digit to post! WHOO HOO! (LOL!) It's been a long wait...

I am assuming that the number being posted in the VIN# column has been the last five digits of your VIN, replacing the last two digits with XX for privacy. I received my VIN# today and it consists of 6 digits... for what I again am assuming is an incremental number to make sense I entered the the first four digits and replaced the last two with XX.

Could not find any instructions on this. So please let me know if I did it correctly.

And I guess I'm the first 6 digit to post! WHOO HOO! (LOL!) It's been a long wait...

Congrats on your purchase.

Yes, I received my VIN last week and it is just under 100,000 (997xx). Makes sense yours is over 100,000 , just replace the last two digits with XX.

Congrats on getting your VIN assigned.as per the spreadsheet, you've ordered 10 days before I did. So, I am happy I am getting close too :)

Ours went into production (at least our account changed this afternoon..). We had ordered on the 29th of March. Spoke to my sale's guy today and he still thought we'd be looking at late July!
I ordered here in Switzerland the 24th of March.

My account changed to "in production" 1 week later... and then, no more changes. I spoke to the DS today and he told me that the reason why it hasn't changed for 3 weeks is because it is not actually being produced yet. It is supposed to enter production the 7th of May.

But he said that event with that date of production, if everything goes well, I should be able to get it by the end of June, as it was originally stated on the Designer when I ordered.

In the spreadsheet, toward the bottom of the first sheet, some cells are now coloured yellow, cyan and some other colour. It’s the delivery date estimate cell, but only for some rows, and a few other nearby cells are also filled with colour.

What are the colours for? I didn’t notice them last week. It’s not the interior/exterior choices that I’m writing about.

Wasn't me... but it looks like the color corresponds to the order month.
My guess is that it's someone with a June delivery who is trying to keep an eye on "How many orders in <month> have been issued VINs?"

Peach? = Feb Order
Yellow = March Order
Cyan = April Order