Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard from Tesla today that our X has gone into production - and should be delivered last week in June.

Tesla is likely balancing hitting the 200K US threshold in July and generating as much revenue as possible in Q2 to at least start reducing their quarterly losses.

So... They're likely delaying some US deliveries into July - and shipping those cars internationally (most likely to Canada).

And, for the cars they are delivering in the US this quarter, they could be prioritizing delivery of the highest priced cars (P100D, 100D) with PUP/seat upgrades, assuming those cars generate more net revenue per delivery.

We've ordered our X as a 100D, with premium options (ultra white seats, 7 seats, PUP, EAP, FSD).

If US orders are being pushed into July - are they 75s or 100s ordered with few options?

We ordered in April, VIN in May and in production yesterday for a June 22 delivery (hopefully). We have a 75D ordered with some options, but not all. So, not sure if the model type and upgrades plays a big role or not. Hard to make sense of how the scheduling works.

We ordered in April, VIN in May and in production yesterday for a June 22 delivery (hopefully). We have a 75D ordered with some options, but not all. So, not sure if the model type and upgrades plays a big role or not. Hard to make sense of how the scheduling works.
For sure being closer to the factory helps for transit times etc. it only takes 2 days to ship to the PNW and then a couple to prep the car etc. I am hoping I can get mine earlier than 6/22 but I highly doubt it..

Sweet that is pretty cool. I waited 2.5 years for my Model 3 so I have some experience with Tesla patience lol. Bottom line would not touch another car so patience is key for me.

I totally get where you are coming from. The arrive date was important because of my job and me being away a lot. My trips were going to ramp up heavy and having the Tesla would help me out quite a bit with that.

Is it what you want? How old is the car? Decent discount? If the discount was fairly significant, I'd probably do it. I'm not in your situation as I still have my car, and while it's depreciating as I drive it, I'm not as worried.

So it is one of the two color combo's that I said I wanted so they were Black on Black and White on White. This one is White on White. The X is brand new, it was headed for its showroom destination but, they are rerouting it if I want it, The Discount was pretty good it has 50 miles but left the factory on transport and hasn't been on ground anywhere but Freemont. Yeah the discount has pretty much put me in the category of doing it, it was the other option I would have picked so Darth Vader or Storm Trooper. It is loaded with the same equipment I picked for my other one minus the wheels, which, isn't a huge deal because I was keeping 20's anyway. So maybe worst case I powder coat the Silver wheels? To be honest I didn't think Tesla would bend over to make this right and they did.

I totally get where you are coming from. The arrive date was important because of my job and me being away a lot. My trips were going to ramp up heavy and having the Tesla would help me out quite a bit with that.

So it is one of the two color combo's that I said I wanted so they were Black on Black and White on White. This one is White on White. The X is brand new, it was headed for its showroom destination but, they are rerouting it if I want it, The Discount was pretty good it has 50 miles but left the factory on transport and hasn't been on ground anywhere but Freemont. Yeah the discount has pretty much put me in the category of doing it, it was the other option I would have picked so Darth Vader or Storm Trooper. It is loaded with the same equipment I picked for my other one minus the wheels, which, isn't a huge deal because I was keeping 20's anyway. So maybe worst case I powder coat the Silver wheels? To be honest I didn't think Tesla would bend over to make this right and they did.
That is exactly what I am going to do. Instead of paying $2K for 20" carbon wheels I decided to just get them as is and PC them. Way cheaper. I am actually NOT surprised that Tesla is doing this. This has been MY experience with them and hopefully this settles the dust. I have been asking for an inventory car with a discount for months now with no avail so you have done well, IMO...

Yes, it should say Your Tesla is undergoing preparation for delivery. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos. once it arrives.

Question- once the status says the car is in transit will it update once it is delivered on site? Or only once it is delivered to the customer? My car has been in transit for a couple of weeks now, and I am having a hard time getting information from my DS. Trying to figure out if the website will tell me once it is actually on location?

Sounds like it's not much of a compromise at all. I'd bite on that.

My X was delivered to Pensacola today! Looks great! HOWEVER, they forgot to include the charging kit/adapters, with the car. They are going to try and overnight it to me. ALSO there is currently a firmware glitch that will not allow you to access the owners manual on your screen. Not sure what other bugs it has.
Did it get shipped by rail? Production should be complete any day and was wondering how long shipping will take.

Reset the mcu NY holding down both buttons on the steering wheel and the owners manual will work

My X was delivered to Pensacola today! Looks great! HOWEVER, they forgot to include the charging kit/adapters, with the car. They are going to try and overnight it to me. ALSO there is currently a firmware glitch that will not allow you to access the owners manual on your screen. Not sure what other bugs it has.

For those of you who are yet to pick up your X and are nervous about issues, I picked up my X 2 days ago with ZERO issues. Delivery took about 45 minutes.

I picked up mine yesterday - 45 minutes as well. Super smooth - so far no issues.

Plus I am impressed with the falcon doors more than any automotive feature. I am sure they have issues and are not perfect but they open in my low garage with no problem. It makes getting the car seat in and out a breeze and it is quicker than 90% of my motorcycles.

Reactions: XjteX and 317Kevin