Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great way to wake up on a Saturday morning and to see my Tesla account status has changed. MX is finally in production. I've been reading most of the posts lately... I'll be honest, I'm anxious to take delivery of my MX. The quality issues that people are seeing in their MX due to EOQ push are very concerning to me. I'm the type of person that I like my car to be perfect. I'm OCD. Fingers crossed!

Ordered Aug 18th
Confirmation Aug 22
VIN Assigned Aug 22
In Production Sep 22
In Transit xxxx
Expected Delivery Sep 29

Reactions: Innovo
Hey everyone - I bit the bullet and ordered a Model X before the supercharger deadline went away. It was confirmed on 9/17, and I got a call yesterday (9/20) saying it would be ready for delivery on 9/26 - is that insane?? They confirmed it was a newly built car that's currently in production, so it's not like it was a reject sitting in a lot somewhere. Very strange how quickly they can pump this out. My model S took 3.5 months to receive back in early 2017. I added all this to the tracking spreadsheet but my row isn't showing up for some reason. Has anyone else had delivery this quickly?

That's awesome! I ordered on 8/18 and the expected delivery is 9/29. You're very lucky!!

Hey everyone - I bit the bullet and ordered a Model X before the supercharger deadline went away. It was confirmed on 9/17, and I got a call yesterday (9/20) saying it would be ready for delivery on 9/26 - is that insane?? They confirmed it was a newly built car that's currently in production, so it's not like it was a reject sitting in a lot somewhere. Very strange how quickly they can pump this out. My model S took 3.5 months to receive back in early 2017. I added all this to the tracking spreadsheet but my row isn't showing up for some reason. Has anyone else had delivery this quickly?

Hi, thanks for sharing. I had a similar experience. My Model X order was confirmed on 9/18. I got a voice message and email on 9/20 from Tesla rep. saying that my delivery is scheduled for 9/26. While surprised, my first guess was that they might have found an exact match in the inventory. But when I called back Tesla delivery on 9/21, they connected to my delivery advisor and he clarified that it was a mistake. He said that my car just went into production and delivery ETA is mid-Oct.

After going to my original car dealer and CarMax, I finally decided to trade-in my car with Tesla. They offered similar trade-in value for my SUV. I have been in a holding pattern since 9/22 (with 5/6 tasks completed, the trade-in offer was the last holdout). As soon as I accepted the trade-in offer online today, my status updated to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." I imagine my MX completed its built a few days ago.

Also, got a call yesterday saying that they're behind on delivery. Original plan was to pick up my Tesla in San Francisco. They asked if I can go to the Fremont factory delivery location to pick-up my MX. And of course, my answer was "YES"! It's getting close just 3 more days till I see "Lighting McQueen".

Ordered Aug 18th
Confirmation Aug 22
VIN Assigned Aug 22
In Production Sep 22
In Transit Sep 26 (at the Fremont factory delivery hub)
Expected Delivery Sep 29

Reactions: Innovo
Just an observation in looking at the data...feels like orders out of California go through the process MUCH faster than any other location. Am I right in that observation? Anyone know why? Does Tesla white glove California orders because delivery is faster and can be marked "delivered" for financial reporting?

Just an observation in looking at the data...feels like orders out of California go through the process MUCH faster than any other location. Am I right in that observation? Anyone know why? Does Tesla white glove California orders because delivery is faster and can be marked "delivered" for financial reporting?
For one, since the only factory for North America is located on the west coast, time between end of production and delivery are shorter because you don’t have to move the car by truck that far.

Then yes, we have seen Tesla priorizing production and deliveries during September to the west coast to move as many cars as possible before the end of their quarter.

For europe deliveries, it may be very interesting for us to follow up the boat shipment and tilburg arrival.
These information are available on the form but not on the spreadsheet. Can we add it on the spreadsheet to have a rough idea of the sea travel delays and US harbour to Europe SC standard delay?

Mine status finally says "Your Tesla is currently in production".
Don't have an estimated delivery date yet. I wonder if they will do a price adjustment now that the Black Premium interior is standard and included for free. When I ordered in September, the price for Black Premium interior was $3300

My DS told me that once they prepare my final paper work will be updated to reflect the "correct amount". I'm going to stay positive on that one and hope that it means my price drops by 3500.

Ordered on the 27th, with confirmation and VIN on the 31st. Waiting for this car is killing me, which I'm sure many of you know =P. Also didn't help when a buddy of mine told me he ordered his 3 last week and it's already shipping.

Reactions: Bogobec