Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Midnight Silver LR is now over 3 weeks (2-3 weeks estimate at time of ordering) for delivery to Oregon with no VIN or contact from Tesla so I don't think it is just a white issue.
What? you're not too far from Fremont and may be the same distance where I'm at to Fremont. So two weeks is wishful thinking. My order is blue. I don't know about Tesla but for Corvette order, GM paints one color like for a week, then switch to another color and so on. So if you just missed your color, it could add a few weeks longer until that color comes back. The good thing is Tesla only has 5 colors. ;)

What? you're not too far from Fremont and may be the same distance where I'm at to Fremont. So two weeks is wishful thinking. My order is blue. I don't know about Tesla but for Corvette order, GM paints one color like for a week, then switch to another color and so on. So if you just missed your color, it could add a few weeks longer until that color comes back. The good thing is Tesla only has 5 colors. ;)
I was thinking that it must be delayed due to the new 120 kWh pack with 2170 cells and the new interior refresh :)

Hello. I’m back. Everything was awesome. I feel so overwhelmed during the pick up process. The car was presented inside a “special room” where me and my family are the only ones there. The “presentation” seemed so short but it actually took 2 hours or so. The trade in process was quick because they just asked for the key. They didn’t even examine my trade in LexusRX. I was afraid that they will give me a lower amount. But they kept their original trade in credit as is from 6 weeks ago! I have checked 5 businesses like, webuyanycar.com, ALCo, local mom/pop used dealership, KBB and even the Lexus delearship where I bought the car-all of them offered me at least 500 dollars lesser than what Tesla has offered. I’m so overjoyed and overwhelmed that I can’t even determine if the small blemishes I see are road dirt, lint or scratches, LOL. The car has 5 miles on it
Smells brand new inside and out! The very first thing we were taught is in how to properly close the frunk. I guess there is a scientific method that will prevent you from denting the hood. Then so on and so forth from creating users, showing how tech features work, etc. One thing they stressed before we drove out is...Don’t use Auto Pilot yet until you’re over 50 miles! Over all, I’m happy and very pleased with the car.

Attachments

• 8F508EF4-C8AB-450A-B293-1CF866B9EB14.jpeg
    8F508EF4-C8AB-450A-B293-1CF866B9EB14.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Hello. I’m back. Everything was awesome. I feel so overwhelmed during the pick up process. The car was presented inside a “special room” where me and my family are the only ones there. The “presentation” seemed so short but it actually took 2 hours or so. The trade in process was quick because they just asked for the key. They didn’t even examine my trade in LexusRX. I was afraid that they will give me a lower amount. But they kept their original trade in credit as is from 6 weeks ago! I have checked 5 businesses like, webuyanycar.com, ALCo, local mom/pop used dealership, KBB and even the Lexus delearship where I bought the car-all of them offered me at least 500 dollars lesser than what Tesla has offered. I’m so overjoyed and overwhelmed that I can’t even determine if the small blemishes I see are road dirt, lint or scratches, LOL. The car has 5 miles on it
Smells brand new inside and out! The very first thing we were taught is in how to properly close the frunk. I guess there is a scientific method that will prevent you from denting the hood. Then so on and so forth from creating users, showing how tech features work, etc. One thing they stressed before we drove out is...Don’t use Auto Pilot yet until you’re over 50 miles! Over all, I’m happy and very pleased with the car.

Congrats! You posted earlier that your delivery got delayed and that they removed the vin. So is that a new car with a another vin?

Congrats! You posted earlier that your delivery got delayed and that they removed the vin. So is that a new car with a another vin?
It’s the same car with the same vin apparently. So I don’t know why they have to call me on 8/27 and reschedule the delivery for another week for 9/7 where in fact it’s coming on schedule.
The original scheduled pick up was 8/30/19 They called me 10 minutes after the car arrived around 12noon on 8/29/19 and gave me til 3pm that day to submit updated insurance (and other documents for DMV purposes) so I can pick up on 8/30/2019.
So that’s the story... their reasoning behind what they did?-I didn’t bother to ask. I’m just glad I have the car and for few days we experienced minor window calibration issues on driver side which was resolved by just googling the issue.

It’s the same car with the same vin apparently. So I don’t know why they have to call me on 8/27 and reschedule the delivery for another week for 9/7 where in fact it’s coming on schedule.
The original scheduled pick up was 8/30/19 They called me 10 minutes after the car arrived around 12noon on 8/29/19 and gave me til 3pm that day to submit updated insurance (and other documents for DMV purposes) so I can pick up on 8/30/2019.
So that’s the story... their reasoning behind what they did?-I didn’t bother to ask. I’m just glad I have the car and for few days we experienced minor window calibration issues on driver side which was resolved by just googling the issue.
CONGRATULATIONS! Very exciting we r suppose take deliv this Fri.... May I ask what a window calibration is and how long does it and how did you know you needed it? ENJOY

Good day, everyone. Ordered MX LR on 8/6. Website said "Est. Delivery: Within 2 weeks" in one place and "Within 2 weeks" in another. Saturday morning, 2 1/2 weeks after I ordered, I got a text saying please expect another 4-5 weeks... Not a big problem except I had a buyer for my car, and had to stop that. Would be nice if they kept their estimates somewhat accurate on the order site. But, nonetheless am excited to be close to finally getting a Tesla. Got a lot of reading to do to catch up on this forum.

Update: On Saturday (9/14) got another text saying "... in the next two weeks..."

On Friday, I got text from Tesla to select a delivery date for either this Thursday or Friday. I wanted to pick Saturday but that wasn't an option on the link and was going to call the SC the next day and see if they have a Saturday pickup. On Saturday at 10:28am, I got the same text that said delivery delay for another two weeks. I went back to my text and clicked on schedule for Friday pickup and it let me do it. On Sunday, SC called me and said it was ready if I wanted to pick up sooner, latest pick up would be this Friday which I scheduled.
I think the two weeks delay text may be just a glitch.

ok i read something last night discussing that Elon had a big conf call with the logistics team & pressed them to get the cars they have on hand delivered to their prospective owners. The way he operates it's costing him money cuz their is no third party involved like dealerships or brokers for the cars...it's ALL Tesla..so he wants the $$ he is not delaying but i think he uses "fairly "competent peeps so it's not as efficient as it could be if he had types like the big boys over at Apple hire...

You have no idea how much I envy you people over there. Here in the UK I ordered a custom LR model X on 15th August with an online “September” delivery to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be really surprised and happy if I get a VIN allocated before end October and even happier if the car is delivered before end November. This time frame for UK seems normal.
Another issue affecting UK model 3 orders is that in the panic to meet EOQ figures those folk in Scotland and Ireland who use the Edinburgh SC appear to be losing their VINs and early October delivery dates and having their cars unallocated so that the cars can be delivered to folk living nearer the ports of arrival in time to meet eoq deadline!

You have no idea how much I envy you people over there. Here in the UK I ordered a custom LR model X on 15th August with an online “September” delivery to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be really surprised and happy if I get a VIN allocated before end October and even happier if the car is delivered before end November. This time frame for UK seems normal.
Another issue affecting UK model 3 orders is that in the panic to meet EOQ figures those folk in Scotland and Ireland who use the Edinburgh SC appear to be losing their VINs and early October delivery dates and having their cars unallocated so that the cars can be delivered to folk living nearer the ports of arrival in time to meet eoq deadline!

I hear ya. Since I am in California, I figured we would get ours built last and those farther away would get theirs built earlier so that everything that was built in the quarter had a chance to get delivered in the quarter. Since I am spending so much on a car (and hold some TSLA stock) I am glad to see them doing things in a way that maximizes quarterly results and maintains them as a going concern! But it sure sucks to be at the end of the line - and worse to be in the next line over, like you!

That said, I did get a text yesterday saying the car would get delivered Saturday. I should be excited, but actually kinda burned out waiting and watching. Am sure the excitement will kick in again at the delivery center.

Hi all, I just took delivery of my Model 3 a couple of weeks ago (after a very long 6 week wait), but the other half has decided to order an X. We did an online order on Tuesday night, and tonight a VIN appeared in our account. However, the # seems super low compared to recent builds. Trying to figure out if the VIN is accurate, if they maybe reassigned numbers, or they are trying to pass off a super old vehicle (which I doubt, since looking at the spreadsheet, it would appear that my VIN # was from circa 2018!). VIN # is 214,XXX range. Any thoughts?