Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Ordered MX LR, Midnight Silver, 22" Onix, Cream, 6 Seat, Autopilot, Full SDC
  • Ordered 10/19/19
  • Confirmed 10/19/19
  • Roseville, CA
  • No Updates until 11/24 (Today)
  • VIN Assigned 11/24
  • Delivery Scheduled 11/27
Got a text message this am that I can schedule delivery. Looks like California orders are being processed?
Congrats !! Mine was ordered 10/21 so hopefully few more days for me. So far no updates no VIN yet. It would be great to get it before 2nd Dec :)

• Ordered 10/19/19
  • Confirmed 10/19/19
  • Roseville, CA
  • VIN Assigned 11/24
Got a text message this am that I can schedule delivery. Looks like California orders are being processed?
Congrats on that all happening in a short tight timeframe.

Great to see some progress on West coast, especially in Seattle area. Really hoping to hear something this week. When I ordered 7 weeks ago, web site stated 2-3 weeks, but SA set expectations for middle to end November; looks like will be beginning of December.

Ordered 10/6; MX LR, Red, Cream interior, 7 seats, AP only

• Helpful
Reactions: Obsoletion
  • Ordered 10/19/19
  • Confirmed 10/19/19
  • Roseville, CA
  • VIN Assigned 11/24

Congrats! Was that your earliest delivery? I am right behind you. Ordered/confirmed 10/22/19 MX LR black on black, 5 seat, FSD picking up in Rocklin as well.

Congrats! Was that your earliest delivery? I am right behind you. Ordered/confirmed 10/22/19 MX LR black on black, 5 seat, FSD picking up in Rocklin as well.

Yea, that was the earliest. When I called a week ago they said they wait and do the deliveries in batches to each location, so hopefully soon for you too!

Anyone know much about the loan finalization/payment process? My account says they are still drafting paperwork.

Confirmed my 7 seat Performance X on 10/8 for Buena Park Delivery - just found the Vin in source code(Monday 11/25) and called the delivery dept to schedule delivery. Says I can do Saturday or Sunday delivery, I am out of town but coming back early and getting it Sunday. I wouldn't care EXCEPT that the $2500 CA rebate ends 12/3 and that would suck to lose by missing it by a day...

and when I ordered it, the website said 2-3 weeks :rolleyes:

Received notice today of VIN assigned through Chrome VIN finder app. Ordered 10/22 MX LR, black on black 5 seater. Called Tesla they confirmed although said vehicle was in "painting". Delivery to Rocklin, CA - @ 3-4 hours from plant. So should be able to pick up before the 12/2 deadline.

Reactions: AAARSINIC
We received a text 11/25 from the local tesla delivery center asking if we would like to pick up on 11/26 vs original 11/29 scheduled delivery. Obviously, we obliged and trucked all four kids down to grab the X.

The orientation was on point and covered everything we needed to know to get home safe. The process was smooth, we had no trade-in and literally signed a single piece of paper. We were a bit surprised nobody ever asked to see I.D. or asked our order number, literally we just said our names, that we saw our car outside and are here for our delivery appointment.

On final visual inspection around the MX before heading out, we found the following
- The hood is slightly misaligned which is a measurable panel gap but as you taper down the hood to the headlight, it is much more pronounced with a large gap over the front left headlight assembly.
- A small paint chip on the driver door.
- The driver side FW door protrudes ever so slightly as if it is not closing tight enough.

These were all noted by our delivery associate, with pictures and we'll schedule service soon(tm).

We then pull away to head over to our Yukon, some 500ft away, for kiddo seat swaps and when the wife pulls alongside the Yukon and tries to place the MX into park, the driver console and portrait display both go dark. She tries to take her foot off the brake and the MX starts to roll backward.

The MX after what felt like a solid minute or two comes back to life, in park, with warnings of traction control disabled, air suspension disabled, performance reduced and vehicle needs service. I get out, walk of shame ensues as I trudge past our Yukon and into the service center to deliver the good news.

The short of it, a hard reboot later, service center technicians reviewing the logs, everyone determines a software glitch resulted in "gateway hard reset" of the vehicle which is known to "sometimes" happen. I am skeptical and they know it, as I state the engineer in me doesn't really like the answers. They offer to take it for a test drive for us, we decline and end up taking their assurances that everything is safe.

We received MX with 5 mi on it, made it home safely without incident. Given the holiday, we've not ventured back out other than around the block and some launches for kicks. Currently at 47mi.

- Order MX Long Range MSM 6 Seat white int. 20" w/ FSD
- Location Austin, Tx
- Date 10/30
- Confirmed 10/30
- No updates or contact but on 11/13 the Tesla account updated to allow payment. Wife noticed while I was away, no VIN but asked her to check page source for a VIN. Sure enough, VIN was in source.
- Contacted Tesla by phone on 11/15 and spoke to OA assigned to our order. She helped adjust registration and confirmed VIN.
- Delivery date was scheduled for us after speaking to OA for 11/29

We'll update post delivery.

We received a text 11/25 from the local tesla delivery center asking if we would like to pick up on 11/26 vs original 11/29 scheduled delivery. Obviously, we obliged and trucked all four kids down to grab the X.

The orientation was on point and covered everything we needed to know to get home safe. The process was smooth, we had no trade-in and literally signed a single piece of paper. We were a bit surprised nobody ever asked to see I.D. or asked our order number, literally we just said our names, that we saw our car outside and are here for our delivery appointment.

On final visual inspection around the MX before heading out, we found the following
- The hood is slightly misaligned which is a measurable panel gap but as you taper down the hood to the headlight, it is much more pronounced with a large gap over the front left headlight assembly.
- The driver side FW door protrudes ever so slightly as if it is not closing tight enough.

These were all noted by our delivery associate, with pictures and we'll schedule service soon(tm).

We then pull away to head over to our Yukon, some 500ft away, for kiddo seat swaps and when the wife pulls alongside the Yukon and tries to place the MX into park, the driver console and portrait display both go dark. She tries to take her foot off the brake and the MX starts to roll backward.

The MX after what felt like a solid minute or two comes back to life, in park, with warnings of traction control disabled, air suspension disabled, performance reduced and vehicle needs service. I get out, walk of shame ensues as I trudge past our Yukon and into the service center to deliver the good news.

The short of it, a hard reboot later, service center technicians reviewing the logs, everyone determines a software glitch resulted in "gateway hard reset" of the vehicle which is known to "sometimes" happen. I am skeptical and they know it, as I state the engineer in me doesn't really like the answers. They offer to take it for a test drive for us, we decline and end up taking their assurances that everything is safe.

We received MX with 5 mi on it, made it home safely without incident. Given the holiday, we've not ventured back out other than around the block and some launches for kicks. Currently at 47mi.
Congrats on the new X - Hope your ordeal in the lot is the last of that, and you get a lot more miles on it with the family.

Do you have the new front seats? I believe the new ones do not have an adjustable headrest. Any idea how they compare to the older Model X seats?

Quick summary on MX LR w/ 22" wheels

Ordered: 10/23 ($100 deposit)
Confirmed: 10/23
Text Received with link to schedule delivery: 11/15
Delivery Scheduled for Dec 5th
VIN: Still not showing up, so I got a delivery date before knowing my VIN. I imagine VIN will show-up in portal soon.

Update: As per above, delivery was scheduled online for 12/5. I got a call yesterday (11/29) stating vehicle was in and had been inspected and I could come in as early as today or Sunday to pick it up.

Took deliver of a performance white on white 6 seater with new seats in AUSTIN, TD. Car was as damn close to perfect as Tesla gets. all good so far had 8 miles on the clock drove home have 29 nothings come up.

Attachments

• 6D81919D-87ED-4C56-BE7F-5DA96E8FFD6F.jpeg
    6D81919D-87ED-4C56-BE7F-5DA96E8FFD6F.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 649
  • D0092259-D249-47EA-9E3D-A3AE12F1CEBF.jpeg
    D0092259-D249-47EA-9E3D-A3AE12F1CEBF.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 216E51F2-CCEF-4D0A-8C69-59C85BC69122.jpeg
    216E51F2-CCEF-4D0A-8C69-59C85BC69122.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 569
  • 187E117F-75FD-4B54-959D-E9D3A225A66E.jpeg
    187E117F-75FD-4B54-959D-E9D3A225A66E.jpeg