Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a call from TESLA giving me the opportunity to upgrade from the 5 seater to a 6 seater for $6500 and they said it would be delivered by the end of the year.
Is it worth it?
Do you want a 6 seater? Do you need it by the end of the year?

I have a 5 seater on order because 95% it is just me, and 99.5% 2 or less. Also, the 5 and 7 seaters fold down to provide a lot more flat loading space in the back. I put a 6-foot tall bookcase in the back of my last 5 seater X.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigma4Life
we ordered an X over 1 year ago, and they called to see if we wanted to get the newer model instead. We said yes, and here we are 14 months later ;) I think it will be around 60% 2 people and 40% 4 people. Does anyone know if the 2 seats at the back go down flat?
I have a 5 seater on order because 95% it is just me, and 99.5% 2 or less. Also, the 5 and 7 seaters fold down to provide a lot more flat loading space in the back. I put a 6-foot tall bookcase in the back of my last 5 seater X.

Rear two seats fold down flat in six seater. Center two captain chairs do not fold . I have a Six seater and it is very nice except if you need to carry big long cargo. Skis and other items fit between the two center row seats so no issue most of the time. unfortunately large items, like a 65 inch tv box, will not fit because with second row seats forward there is still not enough length from back of center row seats to rear hatch. Also if you have 5 people you need to use the third row which cuts down on usable rear cargo space behind second row.

Finally connected w/ Tesla (called back 3 times before getting a human...) I ordered the 5 seater X the week it was announced Jan '20. Had March, then April, then October, then November dates. Maybe a few in between. Then they took it off completely...we'll let you know. Now shows January. So they told me same- switch to the 6 seater, pay 6,500. and you can get it "early in 2022". Um, so no way to get one this year? "No." Ok, well when would the 5 seater be ready? "We don't know". Well, I don't really want a 6 seater, so I guess just keep my order as a five seater, and maybe I'll get it....sometime... or maybe not.

It does make you kind of miss the traditional dealer model where you could talk with a human and they actually could get answers. Love my Tesla, but yeah, they really need to invest in their service. Otherwise not sure how sustainable this will be when more competition in the market.

Finally connected w/ Tesla (called back 3 times before getting a human...) I ordered the 5 seater X the week it was announced Jan '20. Had March, then April, then October, then November dates. Maybe a few in between. Then they took it off completely...we'll let you know. Now shows January. So they told me same- switch to the 6 seater, pay 6,500. and you can get it "early in 2022". Um, so no way to get one this year? "No." Ok, well when would the 5 seater be ready? "We don't know". Well, I don't really want a 6 seater, so I guess just keep my order as a five seater, and maybe I'll get it....sometime... or maybe not.

It does make you kind of miss the traditional dealer model where you could talk with a human and they actually could get answers. Love my Tesla, but yeah, they really need to invest in their service. Otherwise not sure how sustainable this will be when more competition in the market.
When I was called to switch to 6 seater, he was implying that it would be by end of year and 5 seater will be sometime in Q1 at the earliest. I think they are playing with the wording, as he said some are being delivered now in CA. But then shortly after that I got the january date on my portal.

I really don’t miss the traditional dealer experience. Although I think Tesla has a long way to go regarding communication with customers. in 3 years of ownership I have yet to find a way to communicate with Tesla corporate regarding complaints or issues. The system just is not friendly to customer input. That should change.

• Love
Reactions: jboy210