Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Order to Delivery - Faster than expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, Roamer... I seriously thought you would have got your second Model X no later than three weeks ago! It's truly astounding.

Sig Order Number 593 / VIN Sig 7xx. Still shows as confirmed on the web site. December delivery dates disappeared with this weeks web site changes. Invoice for final payment received in early December. My past experience was delivery within a week when the final invoice was received. So I paid off the purchase. Then a few days later I received the invoice for the other X. I paid that also. Expected both cars by the end of December. VIN 2xx delivered Dec 31st and has 4000 miles on it and has not been back for any service yet. A few bugs but nothing worth taking it in.

I suspect since I had two cars ordered they invoiced the wrong VIN on the first invoice then figured it out and invoiced the other VIN. At least that's my theory. So coming up on 60 days since final payment was made on the invoice and no estimated delivery info of any kind from anyone.

My life won't end if I don't get the car next week but it completly baffles me that there seems to be absolutly no one anywhere capable of providing delivery status information that is accurate.

I read all the optimistic and innocent postings here where people live and die over every tid bit of information, they glean from calling every number that can be found and dialed, with a sense of sadness about the number of excited customers being fed inaccurate sunshine.

I am not mad or even mildly irritated, just baffled that Tesla seems incapable of communicating the most basic of delivery status information in a timely and accurate manner. It is a good thing I really like the cars. Makes me willing to patiently wait for for...soon...to happen.

image.jpeg