Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening everyone. I’ve done it. Model X long range ordered! Can anyone give me any idea of when I’m likely to hear anything from Tesla? Placed my order over a week ago. When I try to log into the app it says there are no products linked. My account just states they are drawing up my contract. Just wondering, in others experiences, how long before a VIN number is allocated to my account etc to give me an idea of what happens next?

Reactions: scottf200
Evening everyone. I’ve done it. Model X long range ordered! Can anyone give me any idea of when I’m likely to hear anything from Tesla? Placed my order over a week ago. When I try to log into the app it says there are no products linked. My account just states they are drawing up my contract. Just wondering, in others experiences, how long before a VIN number is allocated to my account etc to give me an idea of what happens next?

Your app won't go active until Delivery time.

Normally it's not that long 2-3 weeks for VIN/Delivery. But manufacturing has shifted to Outside USA for 6-8 weeks. I think we are in like the 3rd week. So it's hard to predict when your order might get filled. You'll get barely any communications until it gets very close.

Best estimate I think is what it said when you ordered.

I do have to wonder if part of redirection reason might be making a large batch of RHS Steering Wheel cars.

Reactions: Reggie1970
Thanks for the reply. You’ve pretty much confirmed my thoughts. Delivery was stated as Feb 2020 when I ordered. looks like the wait may drag! I’ll have to drool over other peoples MX for the time being! :D :)

If it is Feb 2020 you may not hear much before the end of the year. I ordered mine in Feb/Mar 2018 and did not get a VIN until late April. Then about May 1 got some financial information for our lease. Picked up May 28 or so.

Reggie1970 and others....... when you ordered, did you just fill out the order online or do it with a sales associate ?

Reason I ask is, I just did a test drive and the sales person said it would benefit me to order through them as opposed to doing it online. If ordered through/with them they could moniter the order and it might help with moving up my delivery.

Didn't mean to hijack a thread, just seemed like a REALLY good place to ask this question !

Reggie1970 and others....... when you ordered, did you just fill out the order online or do it with a sales associate ?

Reason I ask is, I just did a test drive and the sales person said it would benefit me to order through them as opposed to doing it online. If ordered through/with them they could moniter the order and it might help with moving up my delivery.

Didn't mean to hijack a thread, just seemed like a REALLY good place to ask this question !

Hi there. I filled my order in at the Tesla store with the employee so there would be no mistakes. Had a mail today from Tesla saying my car was due early 2020 & trying to persuade me to buy an inventory car.

I was all set to buy an S. Went to the store just to confirm a couple things and looked at the X. One test drive later and now i think an X might better suit me. Seemed so much easier to get in and out of.

Sales person was really patient with my Wife and I as we must have asked a hundred questions. I still have a few.

I want to see what the truck looks like and the projected production schedule before we order. But if in were to order right now, it would be an X.

Thanks for your answers on your thread............Hope you got the answers you were looking for and I didn't screw it up for you !

Hi there. I filled my order in at the Tesla store with the employee so there would be no mistakes. Had a mail today from Tesla saying my car was due early 2020 & trying to persuade me to buy an inventory car.

UK orders seem to be caught up in a Brexit/logistics related delay. There's a couple of us on the UK forum in the same boat. I ordered mid-Sep another was in August. All being told Q1 deliveries now. I had the same call trying to persuade me to take an inventory car. Given the expected end of year push, very surprised they aren't trying to get our orders delivered.

UK orders seem to be caught up in a Brexit/logistics related delay. There's a couple of us on the UK forum in the same boat. I ordered mid-Sep another was in August. All being told Q1 deliveries now. I had the same call trying to persuade me to take an inventory car. Given the expected end of year push, very surprised they aren't trying to get our orders delivered.

Crikey I do hope they’re quicker than yours. Have told them I have to have it invoiced by the end of February to coincide with the end of our financial year. Guy in the Tesla store said that’ll be no problem! Hope you enjoy it when it does arrive

Reactions: simon79
I was all set to buy an S. Went to the store just to confirm a couple things and looked at the X. One test drive later and now i think an X might better suit me. Seemed so much easier to get in and out of.

Sales person was really patient with my Wife and I as we must have asked a hundred questions. I still have a few.

I want to see what the truck looks like and the projected production schedule before we order. But if in were to order right now, it would be an X.

Thanks for your answers on your thread............Hope you got the answers you were looking for and I didn't screw it up for you !

No worries pal. You didn’t screw up anything! Had very similar experiences. Being first full EV had loads of questions, visited the store numerous times & had three test drives before committing! All the staff were really helpful & realised its a massive decision.

I hope you love the one you end up picking!