Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks.

Nice to meet you all just placed my order for Model X 75D in red 7 Seater with Auto Pilot.

In preparation for delivery july any tips or advice on

Home Charging systems
Optional charging leads to get
Other charging networks to join
Insurance companies
Any other things

Thanks in advance
Steve

- Dash Cam: Blackvue is good or something a little cheaper & simple Lukas ARA (wouldn't worry about 4K, the 1080P is plenty clear)
- Xpel Clearbra to protect that paint, at least a partial - recommend you do this right after delivery
- Check your area for what types of charging stations, your X will come with an adapter to fit the common level 2 but not the DC fast chargers Tesla store has several or use EVSEadaptors
- add-ons from EVAnnex, Topfit on Amazon, and once your referral credit is applied few items at the Tesla store should be snagged or use most of it for the wall connector charging station
- Can't help you on insurance but can't hurt to call around for quotes so you'll have it all in place when it's time

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby
If you hear a beep when exiting the vehicle you have accidentally triple clicked your key fob.

All vehicle occupants need to stop drop and roll or deal with possible decapitation from the FWD at worst or blunt force trauma as a best case.

:D

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
Hey @SteveLewis

Congrats on the order. With regards to insurance here in the UK Tesla have an agreement with Direct line and from my research they seem to be the cheapest so given them a look.

The dashcam is a good idea, however, Elon has suggested on Twitter that an update will be coming soon that enables the existing cameras as a dashcam "I'm guessing" though the app so it may be worth waiting but then again "soon" could be anytime.

If you find anywhere in the northwest who do xpel wrapping let me know, contacted a few and non of them will touch clear wrapping only offered me to change the colour of the car which i personally felt was a sign they are crap :)

Hi folks.

Nice to meet you all just placed my order for Model X 75D in red 7 Seater with Auto Pilot.

Home Charging systems
Insurance companies
Any other things

Thanks in advance
Steve
Did you remember to use a referral code? If not, pm me if you would like mine

Patience while waiting for it - and don't let the forums scare you - the vehicle is AMAZING and the little flaws will be easily fixable.

I cannot second the notion of a wrap more - So glad I full body wrapped my X's and my wife's Audi S5 - while it is a similar cost of a paint job, the ease of maintenance and the knowledge that rocks and dings won't chip your beautiful, $100K+ vehicle is, in my opinion, worth a lot!

I did the Blackvue DR 750 - bought it on Massdrop for like $250 when they had it available - the 1080 is totally fine, 4K for a dash cam is overkill in my eyes - but if you have it, spend it as you can't take it with you!

Enjoy!

Hi folks.

Home Charging systems
Insurance companies
Any other things

Thanks in advance
Steve

Hi Steve

Congratz!

My referral code is still have $500 USD tesla credit on top of unlimited Supercharging
Exclusive offer had been sent to you =)
Thanks!!

If you hear a beep when exiting the vehicle you have accidentally triple clicked your key fob.

All vehicle occupants need to stop drop and roll or deal with possible decapitation from the FWD at worst or blunt force trauma as a best case.

:D
Actually a single click would have done it as factory default.

Not sure if you are aware, they’ve since added new sensors in the speaker grill so we longer get decapitated. It now gives you few seconds to react and if you don’t move away the door doesn’t close. If you move away within 2 sec or so it starts closing.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MXWing
Actually a single click would have done it as factory default.

Not sure if you are aware, they’ve since added new sensors in the speaker grill so we longer get decapitated. It now gives you few seconds to react and if you don’t move away the door doesn’t close. If you move away within 2 sec or so it starts closing.

INTERESTING.... yes even triple click doesn't do the job - I couldnt even imagine how bad leaving single click would go.

I am wondering if the new FWD sensors could be a paid refit?

Hi folks.

Home Charging systems
Insurance companies
Any other things

Thanks in advance
Steve
Here are some interesting adds for you to enjoy your Model X.
I have found some new owner to enjoy this item here.
Any folding rear trunk mat for 6/7 seaters?
Sincerely hope it can help you.
-------Elice