Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X ordered in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The base price is now $114,200 but I believe they also changed the base configuration to make 5 seats the standard. With the Canadian dollar appreciating so quickly against the USD we are looking at a 20% difference over the past 5 weeks.

The base price is now $114,200 but I believe they also changed the base configuration to make 5 seats the standard. With the Canadian dollar appreciating so quickly against the USD we are looking at a 20% difference over the past 5 weeks.
Except for 75D nothing has changed on the Canadian design studio which is still open to me. On the US site Matte Obeche is now $750 (not standard) and the 75D price is increased as well.

My desired X configuration costs 42% more in $CAD vs $USD and yet the exchange is now 28%??!! I suppose it's hard for them to keep up with the fluctuations but I liked it better when they weren't keeping up in the other direction. The new CFO is no doubt trying to get Tesla cash flow positive. I'll wait and hope for a return to a more favourable exchange rate. Should we not see a 6% drop in price if they start battery production in the US and foreign content is possibly reduced below a certain threshold?

Got a email from today:

We've ramped up Model X production significantly. On Monday, we'll be opening up orders online and in-store for Model X. Before we do that, we'd like to invite you to configure yours first.

The quality of Model X has never been better. We recently took some time to check and recheck every part of Model X and even had members of our management team, including Elon, test drive Model X as it came off the line. As you've read in recent reviews, it's paid off. We can't wait for you to get behind the wheel of your Model X to experience its ground-breaking features, as well as its beauty, comfort, performance and truly one-of-a-kind driving experience.

Please take advantage of your reservation preference by configuring in your account now.

If you have any questions, we've established a Model X configuration hotline that you can call for immediate assistance and advice: 888-518-3752. You can also email your questions to us at [email protected].

Welcome to Model X – we know you're going to love it.

On behalf of the Tesla team,

Jon McNeill
President, Global Sales and Service

Posting here as well as the Model X discussion. My DS emailed me with the following:

"Great news – we are adjusting the price for all clients across the board in Canada in order to honor the lowered price for our early orders! This will happen automatically over the course of the next few weeks.

I will know more regarding ETA in roughly 2 weeks and will advise of a timeline as soon as we have nailed it down."

Posting here as well as the Model X discussion. My DS emailed me with the following:

"Great news – we are adjusting the price for all clients across the board in Canada in order to honor the lowered price for our early orders! This will happen automatically over the course of the next few weeks.

I will know more regarding ETA in roughly 2 weeks and will advise of a timeline as soon as we have nailed it down."

You already put in your order I assume? I wonder if this will apply to prices in the configuration tool for those that have not finalized their order? I hope so!

You already put in your order I assume? I wonder if this will apply to prices in the configuration tool for those that have not finalized their order? I hope so!

I suspect it will. With the design studio going live Monday, they have to keep all prices the same. Maybe it will come in a little lower with the dollar close to .80 now.

Yes, I placed my order in early March. Within a week, the price was reduced. If you haven't ordered yet, then the price you see in the design studio should be the lower price.

The Canadian design studio is supposed to open Monday. I would wait and compare prices, but I suspect they will be the same.

@Local host is the email you received only for Model X or Model S price adjustments as there is a couple thousand dollar price discrepancy between US and Canadian pricing taking into account the rising dollar for Model S.

Model X only. Tesla should really reconsider price adjustments based on currency exchange. No one will ever be happy and they will constantly have to adjust the price. Can they not hedge against currency fluctuations like all other car manufacturers? Why don't the hold CAD reserves to maintain their Canadian operations?

Model X only. Tesla should really reconsider price adjustments based on currency exchange. No one will ever be happy and they will constantly have to adjust the price. Can they not hedge against currency fluctuations like all other car manufacturers? Why don't the hold CAD reserves to maintain their Canadian operations?

I wonder if they could give us Canadians the option to pay US prices in US dollars (plus any additional delivery/regulatory fees or whatever). That way those inclined could get a fair, current exchange rate from their bank (not that banks are that "fair", but better than Tesla).

Yes, I realize this is a pipe dream.

Hi folks, so is it true that they will adjust the pricing even though order has been placed? I called Tesla on my last day to make any changes in design studio. I told them that the exchange rate has been pulling me back on my order. I asked if i could hold on to my order until better pricing and he said if i pull out now i will need to reorder and start from beginning. Anyhow, i just sticked with my order but would be lovely they further lower my price as CDN has significantly rebound lately!