Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys all seem to want to lead very stressful lives!! When I ordered my Raven X LR online last August the Edinburgh sales guys told me to expect delivery around end October / early November so I waited patiently. No searching for hidden VIN, no following the shipping thread, no phoning Tesla. Lo and behold I got a delivery text mid October for a 28th October collection. No sweat, no anxiety!!!
That all sounds very sensible and well reasoned - but a little boring - the constant hunt has added a little daily zest

Reactions: Tonybvi
I wouldn't be in any rush to get a new order X, Tesla clearly have more design features coming for the S/X this year, the later your build date the better chance you will get new hardware. Our X missed out on AP 2.5 HW by 1 week.

I’ve gone blue, 5 seats, white interior and 22 inch alloys. Order was 17/1 according to email from lease company who say I’m on their spreadsheet for end of March delivery. Heard nothing since, Tesla don’t have a match for me yet

Interesting, my hidden VIN appeared today. This would suggest it's arrived in Houston and waiting for the next boat to leave for Rotterdam, which according to the schedule is either the SAFMARINE MAFADI or MAERSK MONTANA

Interesting, my hidden VIN appeared today. This would suggest it's arrived in Houston and waiting for the next boat to leave for Rotterdam, which according to the schedule is either the SAFMARINE MAFADI or MAERSK MONTANA
Hi had a hidden VIN today which was for a 2016 X written off in 2018. It was at the top after inventory/callback/ I think it’s vanished again now. The mafadi is loading now so that makes sense

I’m searching my old befuddled brain to recall my Raven MX timing and as I recall I ordered mid - August and heard nothing more until mid - October when I got a final invoice with VIN and an end October delivery date.
This timing seems about normal for an S or X being shipped in containers and reassembled in Tilburg which I understand is still the method today.
The only thing I don’t recall is when my VIN was matched but I’m pretty certain it was only a few days before I got the final invoice, i.e. around the time the container ship would have been nearing Zeebrugge.
If that’s the case late March may still be on for you although beware this is quarter end!
I timed my order in the hope that, successfully as it turned out, I would not get caught in the end Quarter delivery rush. When I collected my MX it was immaculately prepared, there were only one or two cars for delivery that week and I had a really good handover taking plenty of time.