Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Height is no issue for me. Lateral space most certainly is. If I have 50cm I'll be lucky. It's very tight. I'm actually more concerned about the front doors than the rear ones!

I can always park on the street (opposite, as there is no parking on the side I live) as I'll install a charger at our warehouse and there are superchargers 10 mins from it too but I would prefer to be able to park on the drive for the safety of getting 3 kids to the front door...

My Model X Performance order was from December. There was no news on when it would arrive. Tesla rang me last week to point out that one in inventory was identical to my order other than the trim (carbon fibre instead of ash). Ace guy at the leasing company has sorted fir me to have that one and i should have it in 2 weeks.

Worth keeping an eye on stock if you are waiting on a lease

First of all ensure your leasing company actually placed the order (you'd be surprised).
If you can get the Reservation Number you should be able to ask Tesla for an update.
I assume then your order didn't make it out of Fremont before the lockdown.
In which case you may be lucky and get it by the end of June, failing which you will be looking at mid to late August at the earliest opportunity after that.
VedaPrime on Twitter is the best source for Model S or X shipments.
Model S & X shipments involve a lengthly logistics chain.

Just think once gigs Berlin gets up to speed I wonder if s/x will have a production line and none of this waiting an age however I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept it in Fremont as I’m not sure there is enough demand especially when Y takes off in UK.

my next X may be German.... maybe not :)

First of all ensure your leasing company actually placed the order (you'd be surprised).
If you can get the Reservation Number you should be able to ask Tesla for an update.
I assume then your order didn't make it out of Fremont before the lockdown.
In which case you may be lucky and get it by the end of June, failing which you will be looking at mid to late August at the earliest opportunity after that.
VedaPrime on Twitter is the best source for Model S or X shipments.
Model S & X shipments involve a lengthly logistics chain.

Yes I had the R number from my lease company back in Feb

Hi all

I’ve had a delivery declaration to sign. Is the general feel that we do that after checking it on collection day?

Having not seen one I guess it depends what it says. If it's confirming the car is satisfactory then I wouldn't and if push came to shove and they insist I'd write on it the doc was being signed without an inspection of the car etc etc.

Picked the car up today. Will do a proper review and pics after a few days but I’m so impressed. Incredibly quick , comfortable and full of amazing tech

supercharged at scotch corner on way home, amazing
Only fault so far is that the self presenting drivers door isn’t working. Well, it has twice , other than that it unlocks but doesn’t open. Very very pleased so far

Hey guys, 1st post on here. Ordered MX LR last week via Tusker. I read today that the US have reduced the price of the MX by about $5,000, but have also removed the free supercharging.

Will this also impact UK orders with regards to supercharging?

Hey guys, 1st post on here. Ordered MX LR last week via Tusker. I read today that the US have reduced the price of the MX by about $5,000, but have also removed the free supercharging.

It'll depend on how far the order had processes, if the price is changed for Tusker etc. In the past Tesla use to change undelivered order to match new prices etc, so your X should be £XXXX cheaper (am not sure how much UK price have changed) but if the price is reduced its likely Tesla will remove free supercharging.

No real way of knowing sadly, Tesla are very unpredictable and don't really follow any protocols, they change policy all the time with little/no warning, its one of the reasons why many people don't get on with Tesla as a company.

It's up to you. If you do nothing you will pay the price you expected to and get the free Supercharging. If you prefer to pay the lower price then you can, but will lose the free Supercharging. Tesla will amend your order if you ask them too (presumably via Tusker). The third option is if you can find something that suits in the inventory you will get the price reduction AND the free Supercharging.

I ordered a new Model S last weekend and so have had these conversations with Tesla, who've been extremely efficient. I elected for the price reduction as 'free' Supercharging is not worth to me anything close to £4k, which is the price reduction. My order has already been amended in My Tesla.

@DJP31 What did you go for? Tempted by the P this time with smaller price gap between the P and normal LR.

I did think about the P but opted in the end for a LR. I don’t use the full power on my uncorked S75D as it is, and the LR is quicker than that anyway. I’m also looking forward to the other differences the Raven will bring, and I don’t have premium sound at the moment either.

I did add FSD though, having EAP and using Summon a fair bit I didn’t want to get a new car and go back a step. I also want to enjoy seeing FSD features roll out, even though I’m sure over here it will remain somewhat nerfed and full FSD is not going to happen anytime soon in the suburbs.

Reactions: gangzoom
Placed my order for the following spec in January:

Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Free Unlimited Supercharging

was expected for March delivery originally, in April was told a June delivery date, in June I was told to expect a vin number on July 15th, on July 15th was told to expect delivery in mid September. (I’m not hopeful that my car will be with me in September) lol. I was tempted to compromise and opt for an existing inventory option, however I don’t want to loose the Free Unlimited Supercharging that I secured.

Understandable that A delay would happen considering covid, but their communication with me about my order has been shocking. I also have a Porsche Taycann that I ordered at a similar time and they have been so good at communicating the state of my order at all stages. Any advice on getting real information from Tesla over the phone? Lol, doesn’t make me optimistic about their communication about servicing once I have the car.

Judging by a reply on a similar thread with a similar order time I think you may be in luck for end of Q3.

Servicing isn't a big problem as long as you don't mind using an app and texting.

The central point about comms being rubbish is well made, and its got worse over the last 3 years not better. And it wasn't brilliant then!