Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X ownership transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, i recently purchased a 2017 model X, i am trying to claim ownership of the vehicle with tesla, but i am getting this error message saying that my vin and mileage does not match, even tho i got the vin and mileage off the car, i am not sure what i am doing wrong here, please help.

1615824045709.png

my recommendation is for you to try to "chat" with someone via the tesla.com website. i found that to be more helpful but it can take alot of clicks to finally get someone on the "chat".
been trying to "chat" with someone for the last 20 minutes, cant seem to located where to do that, do you happen to have the direct link for that?

been trying to "chat" with someone for the last 20 minutes, cant seem to located where to do that, do you happen to have the direct link for that?

you have to navigate around which is a shame. to do so, go:

support --> contact us --> account & ownership support --> and then play with all the options until something pops up to "chat" with a rep

i know its really stupid but telsa does everything possible for you to not speak to someone when you want/need to.

Last edited: