Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x Ownership udate!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, fantastic ownership update with great news.
-long story short, many issue with the Model x up to this point, over 8 SC visit.

Tesla have agreed with us when it comes to how much time and pain that it has cause for us with all the issue. They have given us a $2000.00 credit toward services or battery upgrade. so Naturally we when with the 75KW upgrade from our current 60KW software limited.

So over the weekend we pick up our Model X which is now 75KW range, total cost was $2500.00 out of pocket..

I was feeling like I had made a mistake up to this point, but Tesla have kinda redeem them-self, with that 2k offer, to meet us half way. I don't know of too many car manufacture offering their customer forgive us compensation credit. I have to say that they have reset the score board with me and I a very happy customer. I had a process that I started and ended to get the 2k credit, if anyone needed more info then long story short, let me know and I will added to this post.

Happy Model X owner again...

they have given me the original 60D badge and I'm going to put on my little girls radio flyer model s when it arrive in 3 weeks.

Last time I went to pick up my car after 6th visit on the same issue, the service manager offered to give me a free annual maintenance if my issues are resolved. Unfortunately my issue came back within a week so he offered to have Tesla re-purchase the vehicle instead.

Wow, your service manager really taking care of customers. Mine refused to do anything for me except telling me to bring my car back for serivce. I am on my last straw with service center.

Wow, your service manager really taking care of customers. Mine refused to do anything for me except telling me to bring my car back for serivce. I am on my last straw with service center.
Which service center? Are you in Orange County? Costa Mesa?

I think at the end the manager started feeling bad asking me to bring back the car repeatedly to "try" various fixes with no ends to it. They had field engineers flew out from Fremont to check out my car but the issues persisted after I get the car back. I can't really blame them because of the crazy weather in SoCal. When I had issue with heat, the weather got much cooler when I brought it in. After I picked up the car the weather got warmer again. He understands all the inconveniences it's been causing me and my family, particularly on the loaner issue (Model X not guaranteed), so he offered to re-purchase the car and get me in a new replacement.

Which service center? Are you in Orange County? Costa Mesa?

I think at the end the manager started feeling bad asking me to bring back the car repeatedly to "try" various fixes with no ends to it. They had field engineers flew out from Fremont to check out my car but the issues persisted after I get the car back. I can't really blame them because of the crazy weather in SoCal. When I had issue with heat, the weather got much cooler when I brought it in. After I picked up the car the weather got warmer again. He understands all the inconveniences it's been causing me and my family, particularly on the loaner issue (Model X not guaranteed), so he offered to re-purchase the car and get me in a new replacement.

Yes. I am in Orange County.
Which service center are you going to get your Tesla serviced?

Hi everyone, fantastic ownership update with great news.
-long story short, many issue with the Model x up to this point, over 8 SC visit.

Tesla have agreed with us when it comes to how much time and pain that it has cause for us with all the issue. They have given us a $2000.00 credit toward services or battery upgrade. so Naturally we when with the 75KW upgrade from our current 60KW software limited.

So over the weekend we pick up our Model X which is now 75KW range, total cost was $2500.00 out of pocket..

I was feeling like I had made a mistake up to this point, but Tesla have kinda redeem them-self, with that 2k offer, to meet us half way. I don't know of too many car manufacture offering their customer forgive us compensation credit. I have to say that they have reset the score board with me and I a very happy customer. I had a process that I started and ended to get the 2k credit, if anyone needed more info then long story short, let me know and I will added to this post.

Happy Model X owner again...

they have given me the original 60D badge and I'm going to put on my little girls radio flyer model s when it arrive in 3 weeks.

Seems like a slippery slope.
I have issues from delivery 1.5 years ago, but I live 3 hours away from SC so let some slide.

Wonder if I lived close and kept coming back if I would get $2K or a new car?!

I’m kind of kidding, but seems like Tesla fair above all else policy would include some sort of standardization.

What were issues?
It’s always been the same issue since 04/2017. When the car is parked under the sun for 5-10min, the driver FWD, if facing the sun, started detecting phantom objects in very close proximity, rendering the FWD unable to be opened via FOB or screen. They ended up replacing the entire door after 4 repair attempts. After that my door started experiencing a new issue where it would stop half way abruptly when I close it, randomly. At the same time my passenger FWD started experiencing the heat issue in 12/2017. They said they replaced every single component in that passenger door (just like they did on driver side before replacing the door), but the issue persisted after getting the car back.

Tesla has repeatedly come through for people, in ways we do not often hear from other companies.
A difference is, they avoid lawyers, the traditional system requires them(?)

High level of service was mentioned in T marketing plans years ago as necessary for the upscale target buyers. This was a stated part of the mission, a recognized part of the job. I believe that still stands.

The variability in results, frustrations with service seems to key on who knows about the problem. The lower levels may be hiding facts, trying to contain things to cover their own.

This is easy for me to say, harder to do, but I think the evidence says, be a squeaky wheel, and do not take no for an answer.
The record shows T coming through. Repeatedly.

Doesn't mean be a jerk, but if they yank your chain,
yank back.

& Keep the Faith.