TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X P100D 1/4 mile Time

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by bcampbelllds, Nov 15, 2016.

1. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

I've done a small amount of searching and can't seem to find a video or posting about the 1/4 mile time for the new MX P100D. Does anyone have info on this or a link?

2. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

no but will probably run 11.2....

3. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

Amazing an SUV can go that fast. Hopefully with the software update Elon mentioned last week the P100D's will shave a tenth or two off the 1/4 mile times. First sub 11 second production SUV should be soon.

By the way, how was the Tesla shootout last Sunday? Did Tesla ever send you the update? What were your best times? I love the mobile HPWC station you have setup. Great idea!

4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

#4 MP3Mike, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Yep, looks like another tenth faster: Tweet from Elon: "Looks like the Model S P100D Easter egg will allow it to do 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 sec and a 10.6 sec 1/4 mile via software update next month" and this one: "Model X numbers should also improve by 0.1 sec on 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile"

5. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

Love it when your Tesla vehicle improves with time.

6. quartzav

quartzav Member

I am hoping to see some laptime on a longer track like the Nurburgring to prove the factor of thermo limit are no longer an issue (I would think with tow rated radiator it would be much better).

• Like x 1