TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X P100D upgrade

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Dan_, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Dan_

Dan_ Member

Is anyone interested and be contacted by tesla about the P100D upgrade for MX?
    Apparently I was told that while P90D can make it into Q1 2017, upgrading to 100 will push to delivery to Q2 (risking the FRT exemption) Also, tesla want me to decide by this week

Any thought? Or anyone heard different story?

If there are sufficient demand (e.g. 80% of P90D actually want 100 upgrade), may be we can push tesla to make delivery of P100D into Q1?

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Tesla are supply constrained, not demand. Having more users want the P100D would likely push back the delivery date, not forward. Especially if those users were before you in the queue.

Issue with 100kWh battery pack is limited supply. To deliver in 2017Q1, for new battery size requiring TD approval, they need to have completed the build and put the car on the boat by late December 2016.

3. khau

khau Member

Yes, I just received the same call from Tesla. (don't know the title of the lady)
    I rather stay in P90D to avoid the risk of folds of +$78,000 after 31 March!

4. dlty

dlty Member

I received the call as well. Upgrade allowed from P90DL to P100DL but cannot guarantee delivery before 31 March (good news - in other words, they are confident my P90D will arrive before then). I am not inclined to upgrade. No issue with the price, but P90DL is pretty fast enough, and it is supposed to be a 7 seater - not a race car (... or so my wife tells me)!

5. w4444

w4444 New Member

Tesla HK just confirmed P100D would be delivered before 31st Mar 2017.

6. dlty

dlty Member

Yes - got an update this morning about that, so I have upgraded.

7. Dan_

Dan_ Member

Me too got confirmed today, P100D before 31Mar2017 :)

8. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

good! can't wait to see these on the road embarrassing local exotics at the stop light all while carrying people.

9. 27Ludicrous

27Ludicrous Member

I couldn't get my P90DL upgrade to P100D (one month ago car was delivered ) due to battery supply and government red tape blah blah blah ... However friend of mine had been promised a P100D Model X delivered by end of year as his was a Signature Serie. I supposed the willingness of having HK300K with Tesla for like 3 to 4 years with no interests gaiend some priorities