Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P100D vs Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i traded my P3D- for an X P90DL (rather, I sold the former to buy the latter) and also felt like the 3 is faster. Estimated 0-60 times are 3.5 for the 3 (at the time I had it), and 3.0 for the X. I have recorded run times on my dragy and the fastest I got was 3.53 for the 3 and 3.63 for the X in Ludicrous Plus mode so not only does it feel slower, it actually is. It's a shame that I have to spend 30 minutes "warming" up the battery when the power on the 3 is instant and always available.

the battery chemistry is different between 3 and s/x.
3 battery is more advanced and the cooling ability is way superior than s/x

i traded my P3D- for an X P90DL (rather, I sold the former to buy the latter) and also felt like the 3 is faster. Estimated 0-60 times are 3.5 for the 3 (at the time I had it), and 3.0 for the X. I have recorded run times on my dragy and the fastest I got was 3.53 for the 3 and 3.63 for the X in Ludicrous Plus mode so not only does it feel slower, it actually is. It's a shame that I have to spend 30 minutes "warming" up the battery when the power on the 3 is instant and always available.

I can’t speak for the P90D, but the X Performance (P100D raven) with Ludicrous is definitely faster than my P3D- even without warming the battery. I think at lower SoC the 3 might be a bit quicker, but anywhere over 50% the X definitely feels quicker if only by a bit.

So the X in L+ without launch is no where near 2.7s as they advertised. Seems strange. I’ll have to take it to a track and try while I still have L+.

So the X in L+ without launch is no where near 2.7s as they advertised. Seems strange. I’ll have to take it to a track and try while I still have L+.

Screenshot_20190725_055842.jpg

This is with 96% soc and 45psi all around with the stock 20" slip streams

3.0 is what is advertised for the p90dl. P100dl is 2.8 and L+ brings it to 2.7

View attachment 433999

This is with 96% soc and 45psi all around with the stock 20" slip streams

3.0 is what is advertised for the p90dl. P100dl is 2.8 and L+ brings it to 2.7
So I purchased a VBox sport and had about 90% SOC for both P3D- and P100DL X.
the 3 did 3.15 with 1ft roll for 0-60 and in ludicrous mode only, not +, the X did 3.14 with 1ft roll.

I'm guessing that the + mode with the battery prep is going to cut that down by .44 seconds?? that would be impressive.

So I purchased a VBox sport and had about 90% SOC for both P3D- and P100DL X.
the 3 did 3.15 with 1ft roll for 0-60 and in ludicrous mode only, not +, the X did 3.14 with 1ft roll.

I'm guessing that the + mode with the battery prep is going to cut that down by .44 seconds?? that would be impressive.

I would be surprised if you got anything faster than 2.9, closer to 3 flat realistically