Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P100D with Ludicrous FSD and Free Unlimited Supercharging - Late December 2016 build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in a financial situation and need to sell two of our three Tesla's.

Selling our Personal Certified Pre-Owned Model X

Link to Tred Ad for pictures: TRED
My cell is 732-766-0480

Late December 2016 build P100D with Ludicrous
33k miles
Free unlimited super charging tied to VIN so IT WILL TRANSFER TO NEW OWNER
Full self-driving FSD on 3.0 hardware
CPO bumper to bumper for 3 year 6 months left (June 2024)
Will come with oem 20’s
Active spoiler
Cooled ventilated seats
6 Seater Carbon Fiber
Sub zero
Tow Package
Hi Fidelity

Looking up this VIN on the EV-CPO VIN lookup tool:
https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/index.php#
I see "SC05 Free Supercharging" is listed
This resource defines what that means.
Tesla Info: Do I have free supercharging?

As far as I can tell free supercharging will not transfer to the new owner on VIN 5YJXCBE46GF029267.

Yeah it was just bought CPO last year, which means the lifetime supercharging was stripped off and replaced with a next-owner only promotional free supercharging.

You purchased this from Tesla for $67,800 10 months ago with 28,518 miles. It now has 32,905 miles and a $12,000 markup?

This is not the first time this has happened. A few months ago someone bought a P85D from Tesla and it came unexpectedly delivered with the Ludicrous upgrade. He tried to turn around and sell it here for $15k more than he paid two months previous. He wasn't very happy when that was disclosed to the community.

MX is sold! Thank you to everyone who showed interest!

FYI - We called Tesla with the buyer and based on the build date the Free unlimited supercharging is tied to VIN and the new buyer does get it. The buyer was on the call and confirmed with the Tesla rep. The car has been transferred to new own via app as well and buyer confirmed he is not being charged for supercharging.

Please stop adding false information. Let the buyer (willing and able person that can make the purchase) and seller sort out the details. no need to add your 2 cents for things. Prices fluctuate, show me another one cheaper than mine with all the options and warranty ($7500 from XCARE since tesla doesn't do it anymore on used cars)

FYI - MMR on a 6 seater with FSD (late 16 and 17) without warranty is 75K. Not sure you all are aware but ALL used cars have gone up in value and yes, you are allowed to sell your car for a markup. Not everyone got the time to hunt for deals. Some will pay more to get the options they want at a fair price and it is local to them.

Good luck to you all and wish you all the best, even the trolls.

I only posted data based on Tesla's systems and codes. It is true that it was sold to you as SC05, however that ends for the buyer, I can't predict, hence "as far as I can tell". Tesla changes their minds on things all the time and even if you bought it as SC01, I would still be concerned because it's Tesla.

Congrats on the sale!

If this guy is talking MMR, he isn't in a jam, he is a pro with manheim auctions.
He did call it "his personal" implying he has "non personal" cars. I always assumed he was in the business of cars somehow, which is a reason I was checking out the facts.

Tesla does audits well after the sale of the car, for example.
Free Unlimited Supercharging Removed Without Notice?
I didn't read the whole thread, maybe it had a happy ending and he got free supercharging back?!?!?!

I have since read the thread, and the majority didn't get it back, the one I noticed that was actually successful was a private party deal from an original owner of a 2013 85kwh Model S. Obviously that thread doesn't cover all the people that still have it, but it pretty clearly highlights a pattern of those that do lose it, 2 to 12 months later, it gets dropped off their account with no warning from Tesla.

That thread doesn't cover it but I have seen other threads where people have done what this seller/buyer did, contact a human at Tesla, who then tells them it will transfer. A few months later it gets removed and the buyer is left angry. This is an issue with buying and selling Tesla's and I feel it's risky to advertise a car as "it will transfer" even if it's listed as code SC01 in the options list. It should transfer, and as I explained to my recent buyer, this is the situation and that I have no control over Tesla or what actions they will take post sale. I explained the research and logic in why I thought it would be fine, and the risks that they are assuming by buying the car and let them make the decision. I obviously do not sell cars for a living, as I would starve doing it the way I do. But the buyer is informed and better prepared for life with a Tesla.

I didn't post this earlier in this thread as while I did want to post the data, I didn't want to post my opinions that might further affect his deal. Now that the car is sold I feel like I am free to post this. I will also say I don't fault the seller for thinking what he thought. He has no reason to believe it won't work out. I am some random guy on a forum, and he spoke to a human at Tesla. He hasn't spent the last few years reading up on Tesla and their policies and it isn't reasonable for him to know every nuance of their unpublished policies that even their employees don't understand. I honestly hope that the buyer has free supercharging forever and this is never an issue, but I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it either. His best hope is that Tesla let's it slide as it was a private party transaction. If this transaction went through the dealer though, then I would think his chances are greatly diminished.

This IS an issue Tesla should really address with clearly published policies. It drives customers insane to have stuff removed post sale, and I believe is opening Tesla to legal action. If the policy was clear then their chances of legal action would be reduced as sellers wouldn't be setting a false expectation for buyers or at least buyers would be immediately notified upon registration of their situation. Waiting two months or more and then fixing it in an audit is a certain way to make anyone unhappy. I realize that they are probably basing their decision on car fax or whatever and since car fax isn't instant they can't easily make a change right away. The whole policy of setting a car's features based on what's on carfax is a bit insane too. (Rebuilt cars have supercharging disabled?)

Off my soap box

Just a heads up. OP is a liar.

• Wednesday, OP stated the car has been sold and already in the new owners possession.
  • Thursday (the day after it was already sold and transferred), I messaged OP on TRED requesting a test drive. He quickly replied and stated that it is currently still available for test drives and title is in hand.

Saad.jpg

• Wednesday, OP stated the car has been sold and already in the new owners possession.
  • Thursday (the day after it was already sold and transferred), I messaged OP on TRED requesting a test drive. He quickly replied and stated that it is currently still available for test drives and title is in hand.

View attachment 642409

Haha, not surprised. Car has been for sale for months. This guy used to spam his FS ads all over the FB Tesla groups. Anytime someone asked about the accident history or why he is selling at a massive markup (used to be higher btw) he would delete his posts.

View attachment 642409
A car dealer that stretches the truth, shocking. (sarcasm)

Reactions: Draketurner
MX is sold! Thank you to everyone who showed interest!

FYI - We called Tesla with the buyer and based on the build date the Free unlimited supercharging is tied to VIN and the new buyer does get it. The buyer was on the call and confirmed with the Tesla rep. The car has been transferred to new own via app as well and buyer confirmed he is not being charged for supercharging.

Please stop adding false information. Let the buyer (willing and able person that can make the purchase) and seller sort out the details. no need to add your 2 cents for things. Prices fluctuate, show me another one cheaper than mine with all the options and warranty ($7500 from XCARE since tesla doesn't do it anymore on used cars)

FYI - MMR on a 6 seater with FSD (late 16 and 17) without warranty is 75K. Not sure you all are aware but ALL used cars have gone up in value and yes, you are allowed to sell your car for a markup. Not everyone got the time to hunt for deals. Some will pay more to get the options they want at a fair price and it is local to them.

Good luck to you all and wish you all the best, even the trolls.
Same with my car 'SC05.' I was told it will transfer if I sell it privately. After reading on here, some people say it may or may not transfer. I called Tesla last week to confirm the SC will transfer and I was told YES as long as it's sold privately.