Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P100D with Ludicrous FSD and Free Unlimited Supercharging - Late December 2016 build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on following site, SC05 will not transfer: Tesla Info: Do I have free supercharging?

• SC05: The car has unlimited free supercharging currently enabled but this is not transferable to the next owner and the car will revert to SC04 following a sale. This can be on any car but is most common on cars from April 2017 and still registered to the first owner.
IDK I was told when I bought the car and again last week that the free sc will transfer if I sell it privately.

It is a challenge. We just want certainty one way or the other, and you don't have to search very long before you find people who had it removed months post sale. I provided that information to allow people to review the data and make their own decisions. I heavily caveat free supercharging to anyone I am selling a car to because I want them to understand it may go away, and I don't want them suing me. This OP on this thread is advertising it like it is a definite thing which means he either doesn't understand the risks, or has enough lawyers to not care about them.

Yes Tesla told you that when you called, but that person you spoke to is not going to be able to fix it if it gets removed later, and the recourse for you or that future owner is to hire a lawyer and try to sue Tesla.

It is a challenge. We just want certainty one way or the other, and you don't have to search very long before you find people who had it removed months post sale. I provided that information to allow people to review the data and make their own decisions. I heavily caveat free supercharging to anyone I am selling a car to because I want them to understand it may go away, and I don't want them suing me. This OP on this thread is advertising it like it is a definite thing which means he either doesn't understand the risks, or has enough lawyers to not care about them.

Yes Tesla told you that when you called, but that person you spoke to is not going to be able to fix it if it gets removed later, and the recourse for you or that future owner is to hire a lawyer and try to sue Tesla.
OP is a liar and is simply saying anything he can to get a sale and justify his $12k markup from when he bought it from Tesla.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Yeah it was just bought CPO last year, which means the lifetime supercharging was stripped off and replaced with a next-owner only promotional free supercharging.
Amazing how many owners continue to lie about this. I just pointed out another. To say they don’t know is bullshit. It’s almost been 3 yrs for I not be stripped when they first announced that it was going to be. So unless they purchased it from Tesla back in 2019 it’s not going to transfer. I think around August of 2019, maybe a few months earlier. But it’s definitely been awhile, which it still only applies to a select few of buyer from a private seller, since they have offered FUSC later but was never grandfathered in like the one built before April 2017.
Most owners have very limited knowledge of the values of their Tesla’s or just don’t understand, that even if they paid $40K more it doesn’t have anything of value that the newest ones don’t for the most part and don’t have many things the newer ones do have (Ravens). Just an example of what the values are, I sold a 2019 Model X Raven Performance w/14K mikes FSD, 5, seats, white interior, only 20’s, blue exterior and was an October build for $86K. Tesla’s original trade in value was a disgrace and than the second not much better. I didn’t just give it away either it was listed for a few months. I decided to take that offer after I saw a 2019 red exterior, 7 seats , 8k miles FSD and I even think it has 22’s, sell for $89K. After that I knew I had to let it go cheap. You can’t use Tesla’s prices. They use to be a tool to use and have an idea what you could get but they get way more than private sellers. Even with the old warranties gone. I don’t really understand why, and hate when someone says they offer financing like anyone can go get a loan approval from several lenders. Many probably never knew or heard this cause it was something Elon stayed at the beginning, that owning a Tesla was an asset lol. He also claimed that they would offer the best trade in value, making Tesla’s the least depreciating cars. So much for Elon and anything he says being right, but if you want to know the answer just tell yourself hes wrong if he makes any claims. As far as this guy, he is full of *sugar*. MMR on a 2018 is $78Kw/under 20K miles. Plus if anyone has owned cars and you buy a third party warranty it’s a huge gamble. If he said he paid $7,500 for it just adds to the lies. Pretty sure he hid the same clown on FB that got caught lying. Guarantee he wont have the new owner post a picture of the

Same with my car 'SC05.' I was told it will transfer if I sell it privately. After reading on here, some people say it may or may not transfer. I called Tesla last week to confirm the SC will transfer and I was told YES as long as it's sold privately.
MX is sold! Thank you to everyone who showed interest!

FYI - We called Tesla with the buyer and based on the build date the Free unlimited supercharging is tied to VIN and the new buyer does get it. The buyer was on the call and confirmed with the Tesla rep. The car has been transferred to new own via app as well and buyer confirmed he is not being charged for supercharging.

Please stop adding false information. Let the buyer (willing and able person that can make the purchase) and seller sort out the details. no need to add your 2 cents for things. Prices fluctuate, show me another one cheaper than mine with all the options and warranty ($7500 from XCARE since tesla doesn't do it anymore on used cars)

FYI - MMR on a 6 seater with FSD (late 16 and 17) without warranty is 75K. Not sure you all are aware but ALL used cars have gone up in value and yes, you are allowed to sell your car for a markup. Not everyone got the time to hunt for deals. Some will pay more to get the options they want at a fair price and it is local to them.

Good luck to you all and wish you all the best, even the trolls.
No you didn’t keep lying. You want to know what has an MMR of around $75K? A 2018 P100DL. Also your warranty would still be active and transfer, so where the $7,500 for a warranty no one would ever get cause how many 3rd party warranty companies do you know that have been in business 10 yrs, 5 yrs, 3 yrs? None for 10 or 5 and I would say basically none for 3yrs. Only a fool buys one and only a liar claims to have one, cuz the liar would never pay that lmao. Please tell new super happy owner to send screenshot of his tesla account showing his lifetime supercharging. If you do I’ll give him $100 and you a $100. Where did you come up with this MMR by the way?

Attachments

• A8B43F17-5680-4F3D-99D0-EF9A9373AA41.png
    A8B43F17-5680-4F3D-99D0-EF9A9373AA41.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 73
  • D1182A0E-B6C4-476E-8BFB-0FA9FB8EB2E2.png
    D1182A0E-B6C4-476E-8BFB-0FA9FB8EB2E2.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 7D14B922-4BDF-4808-849D-FA76038A59A7.png
    7D14B922-4BDF-4808-849D-FA76038A59A7.png
    197 KB · Views: 50
  • 4BED3E3D-BA77-43AE-908E-918D2757D2B7.png
    4BED3E3D-BA77-43AE-908E-918D2757D2B7.png
    233 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: ngng
Same with my car 'SC05.' I was told it will transfer if I sell it privately. After reading on here, some people say it may or may not transfer. I called Tesla last week to confirm the SC will transfer and I was told YES as long as it's sold privately.
And in the other thread you just posted in today the seller did what you did, called Tesla, confirmed it would transfer, sold the car, and it didn't transfer. It is well established that Tesla phone reps have no idea if it is really going to transfer or not, and it is harmful that they continue to pass out false hope.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
MX is sold! Thank you to everyone who showed interest!

FYI - We called Tesla with the buyer and based on the build date the Free unlimited supercharging is tied to VIN and the new buyer does get it. The buyer was on the call and confirmed with the Tesla rep. The car has been transferred to new own via app as well and buyer confirmed he is not being charged for supercharging.

Please stop adding false information. Let the buyer (willing and able person that can make the purchase) and seller sort out the details. no need to add your 2 cents for things. Prices fluctuate, show me another one cheaper than mine with all the options and warranty ($7500 from XCARE since tesla doesn't do it anymore on used cars)

FYI - MMR on a 6 seater with FSD (late 16 and 17) without warranty is 75K. Not sure you all are aware but ALL used cars have gone up in value and yes, you are allowed to sell your car for a markup. Not everyone got the time to hunt for deals. Some will pay more to get the options they want at a fair price and it is local to them.

Good luck to you all and wish you all the best, even the trolls.
Yep.. I knew this clown seemed familiar. You had the same thing happen on Facebook but you got caught lying about several things and one member that I know proved your post was full more lies that you couldn’t keep up. You actually deleted most of your post cuz it wasn’t even a discussion, he broke your whole flawed listing too pieces and every buyer just had there ass saved from a scum like you. Be careful who you screw over some people don’t play nice when scammed. But clearly it will take that too occur before you stop.
7F32D0C4-48AA-4EDF-9799-B9756460BB83.png

Reactions: ziggityzen