TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X P90D - Can this be real?? Seems fishy

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by rxdoc00, May 22, 2017.

1. rxdoc00

rxdoc00 Member

I was searching online last night and stumbled across the below link. I emailed the dealership and received a message today from a guy saying he's the owner of the car, but he has moved to the UK with his family. He stated that the car is now with Edmunds in Houston and that they would be the escrow party to handle our transaction should I decide to move forward. I checked into the service with Edmunds and it is real, however, I find this deal a little too good to be true.

Any thoughts?

2016 Tesla Model X AWD P90D 4dr SUV In Erie PA - Bizzarro`s Fleetwing Auto Sales

rx

2. Mike K

Mike K Member

Not only is it a scam but it's the oldest scam in the book.

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I'd be warry of the premise that this vehicle is actually a P90D without the VIN. If it is, then it might be a great deal. But also need to know the status of the title (salvage?) as well as if it has been in any accidents (carfax) or if there is any damage or anything not like new.

4. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

What makes you think that?

5. Grisik

Grisik Member

It's not even on the dealer website if you click inventory. Deals in mostly cheaper vehicles

• Like x 1
  6. paul7200

paul7200 Member

• Like x 2
  7. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

It does seem odd, they are listing it in Erie PA but tell you that it is in Houston?
    I am near Houston, our area codes are 713/832/281 what number is the dealership?

8. rxdoc00

rxdoc00 Member

It was on the website last night and then gone today. I have the vin and it matches a MX P90D, but the whole thing just seemed strange.

9. rxdoc00

rxdoc00 Member

It was listed on a dealer website but the guy said it was a private party sale. Said the car was being held by Edmunds in Houston.

rx

10. rxdoc00

rxdoc00 Member

Yup, and to top it off, here is the link he sent me to the photos of the car.

2016 Tesla Model X P90D

I noticed the Sportline on the license plate and googled Sportline and low and behold the exact photos are on their website. Now, it does show that they sold the car, and it COULD be possible that this seller was the buyer of the X from Sportline, but that never came out in the email exchange.

rx

11. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

After you buy it, I have a bridge to sell :).. I can't believe people spend this much effort trying to scam.

Sorry man I would just walk away, it is way too fishy. Too many stories. Edmunds in Houston? It is not listed on Edmunds, and that is more of a site to connect people, it is not really a dealership in Houston that I am aware of.

12. CameronB

CameronB Member

All of the inconsistencies and red flags should tell you to avoid. Seems super fishy. Trust your instincts.

13. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

It is. Walk away. It's a scam.

• Helpful x 1
  14. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

That website is fake. I've seen the same layout a dozen times before for fake Roadster listings.

15. JamesAllen

JamesAllen New Member

Per the dealership, their website was hacked. I called on a P90D I saw listed Sunday. She said their phone has been blowing up with people calling on Tesla's, Ferrari's, etc.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1