Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P90D - Can this be real?? Seems fishy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was searching online last night and stumbled across the below link. I emailed the dealership and received a message today from a guy saying he's the owner of the car, but he has moved to the UK with his family. He stated that the car is now with Edmunds in Houston and that they would be the escrow party to handle our transaction should I decide to move forward. I checked into the service with Edmunds and it is real, however, I find this deal a little too good to be true.

Any thoughts?

2016 Tesla Model X AWD P90D 4dr SUV In Erie PA - Bizzarro`s Fleetwing Auto Sales

rx

I'd be warry of the premise that this vehicle is actually a P90D without the VIN. If it is, then it might be a great deal. But also need to know the status of the title (salvage?) as well as if it has been in any accidents (carfax) or if there is any damage or anything not like new.

Yup, and to top it off, here is the link he sent me to the photos of the car.

2016 Tesla Model X P90D

I noticed the Sportline on the license plate and googled Sportline and low and behold the exact photos are on their website. Now, it does show that they sold the car, and it COULD be possible that this seller was the buyer of the X from Sportline, but that never came out in the email exchange.

rx

After you buy it, I have a bridge to sell :).. I can't believe people spend this much effort trying to scam.

Sorry man I would just walk away, it is way too fishy. Too many stories. Edmunds in Houston? It is not listed on Edmunds, and that is more of a site to connect people, it is not really a dealership in Houston that I am aware of.