Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P90D Ludicrous upgrade option gone

Should the P90D Ludicrous upgrade option be restored?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have my new inventory model X P90D. I got it within 7 days so I was totally excited. It has everything except for Ludicrous mode which I thought I didn't need and saw the option on the website to add on if needed later so I pulled the trigger. After about a week I decided to upgrade to Ludicrous mode only to find out it's no longer an option online. I emailed the local service center in Costa Mesa, CA who then called me back and told me it's been removed from the site. I asked if it would be added back and they said they were not sure and checked with a manger who said the same thing. They basically said to check the site periodically to see if it comes back.

So anybody have any insight into this or hear of any rumors? If I knew this was going to happen I would of ordered one with Ludicrous and waited for it to be shipped from another state. The option to upgrade to Ludicrous was on the site as an option after I received my X. It just seems like there should be some kind of posted expiration date or something so people can make a decision.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

They removed P90DL after P100DL announcement. I guess they also did away the after-delivery upgrade at the same time based on your experience.

I believe you do have an option to upgrade to the P100DL though, for $30k ($10k from P90D to P90DL and $20k from P90DL to P100DL). If you are interested you can ask your DS about it.

Tesla makes changes constantly. It's unavailable for the Model S P90D as well.

With the shift to the new P100D(L) as the Ludicrous high-profile (and high-profit) flagship, it's possible they just don't want to make it available anymore. Since nobody can order a "P90D(L)" now, the workaround (until the upgrade was deleted) would have been to order a "P90D" first and then pay the upgrade fee later.

Now you'll need to wait to upgrade to the P100D(L), for even more $$$$.

This has been part of my frustration with Tesla. Very unpredictable. They say one thing and do another. Constant change in price and features. They take orders/deposits on the website then months later cancel them or give no timeline to production. We see this with the coil suspension and 5 seat option. Now you can’t order a plain white X. No white paint available in CA? Never in the history of car sales have I ever seen this sales game. Price and feature options are all over the map. Good thing they hired a new PR person. No information on warrantee extension. Hope for the best I guess. This behavior will have to change once the competition ramps up.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
Haha, well I actually would like to take the Model X to the track and have fun with a few friends of mine that drive "traditionally fast" automobiles.

I see that the L P90D is quite quick at the track, but I have never seen any real 1/4 mile tests anywhere of the "non-L" version. From the drivers seat 0-60 feels very fast, but my X planes off quickly at that point.

Has anyone ever tested the P90D "Non-L" in a race or 1/4 mile?