Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X parcel shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received it free with my Signature X, but I don't know if it's included with production X's. Here are pictures of both the Parcel shelf and the privacy cover that is attached to the rear lift back hatch. I haven't tried it yet, but from the looks of Model S parcel shelf, it doesn't appear it will fit the Model X hatch.

In terms of privacy, the rear windows are heavily tinted, so in most cases the privacy screen or parcel shelf don't add a significant amount of privacy to the rear hatch. If someone comes right up to the car and peers in, if it's bright out they can see inside, but if it's darker or night, it's very difficult to see inside the rear hatch area or see through the rear side windows.

One interesting side effect of having the X parcel shelf installed is (to my ears) a definite improvement in the bass response of the car sound system. I can run the low EQ at zero when I have the shelf installed. Without it, I was running the Low EQ around +5 to +7 to get what I thought was a fairly neutral bass response curve.

Attachments

• IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 2,292
  • IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 1,585
  • IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 1,292
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 1,561
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 1,565
My production p90 does not have it. Didn't even know this exists! Does it go over the third row seat so you need to remove it when you need the 3rd row?
Yup. you would have to remove the shelf bit. I think the bit that attaches to the hatch would be able to stay put though. Elon's X that he let us all crawl all over at the reveal had that and I remember it fitting behind the 3rd row.