Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Perf or....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Just having last minute anxieties. I have a Model X Performance on order and expect it in a few weeks

The leasing company also have some cars in stock for May/June delivery. The difference in price is amazing.

As it sits these are the approx costs inclusive of Insurance, tyres, service, zero deposit 15k per year for 3 years

Model X Performance - £960
E-tron 55 Sportback S Line - £451
EQC AMG Line - £439

So the Model X is bigger, faster, cooler and has the longest range

Others are quieter and more refined - and less than half price, and newer

We have a 7 and 2 year old and head off in the UK a bit including Center Parcs etc so i'm tempted by the space of the MX

Could any MX Performance/P100D owners give me their thoughts, especially if you considered others ?

I realise this is not the site for a balanced view ! I'm a bit of a tesla fan too
cheers

So the price difference between the EQC and X over 3 years assuming £0 deposit on both is £19k.

The X is a great family car, the extra speed of a 'P' Tesla is not worth £19k in the real world especially if you are carrying your family most of the time. The X though does have huge utility, more than pretty any other SUV on the market.

There is no debate the range and SC network on the X will make it much better road trip car than the other two. But is it worth £19k more over 3 years??

Suppose it simply comes down to what's £19k worth to you over 3 years, it might be alot it might be not much at all.....

Last edited:
HI

Yes me and my wife have just had that conversation. I keep saying its about the same price as i was paying for my XC90 T8 (which i miss) due to the BIK rate going for this year. It's also of course an opportunity to spend 500 quid a month less, It's a salary sacrifice scheme

hi no i found the ipace a bit dark and cramped for the kids.

I ordered a Taycan 4S and was very excited , cheaper than the MX too! But wouldn't be here till Jan and i don't want to wait that long

EQC boot looks a bit small for us - though could cope

Nothing in stock non P - not sure i'd regret not paying the extra 150 pm for the performance

Reactions: gangzoom
hi no i found the ipace a bit dark and cramped for the kids.

I ordered a Taycan 4S and was very excited , cheaper than the MX too! But wouldn't be here till Jan and i don't want to wait that long

HaHa I see some man logic going on, the iPace is too cramped for kids but the Taycan is fine :).

I also like the look of the Taycan, its a really sorted car but the pricing puts it out of our reach at the moment, plus we have a house renovation to do. Maybe in another 5 years we'll be able to consider one.

my wife sensibly suggests that in another three years the kids will be old enough for us to get something like the Taycan

So

looks like an SUV
has to be electric
So really only leaves X, EQC or Etron

Funny , for years the P100D X was my dream family car - i'm now straying having my head turned by cheaper german alternatives

Are you me?

We have our own business, so getting electric cars is a no brainer.

I originally wanted the S, however due to 3 kids the X makes more sense (I'm waiting for a test drive to check it fits on my drive before ordering!).

My wife wants the EQC. The way I look at it we're reducing our corporation tax liability and we'll be paying circa £1500 per month for 2 cars.

Can I ask which leasing company you're using? That seems very cheap to me for Model X Performance? I'll go with this company if they have any standard Model Xs (I want 7 seats, black, white interior).

If you are going on family road trips the X will be far better than the EQC or eTron.

Compared to the tractor that is the XC90 (had a XC60 loaner for 6 weeks), any EV will be fat better to drive.

The P Model has crazy extra speed no one needs, especially on public roads and carrying up to 7 people, but if you can afford it why not?

It really is down to personal choice, our X is the best family car we have ever owned. Kids love it, grown ups hate trying to tell their kids why their car don't have a roof that opens like our X, sounds money really isnt a worry for you. Go for it :).

If you are going on family road trips the X will be far better than the EQC or eTron.

Compared to the tractor that is the XC90 (had a XC60 loaner for 6 weeks), any EV will be fat better to drive.

The P Model has crazy extra speed no one needs, especially on public roads and carrying up to 7 people, but if you can afford it why not?

It really is down to personal choice, our X is the best family car we have ever owned. Kids love it, grown ups hate trying to tell their kids why their car don't have a roof that opens like our X, sounds money really isnt a worry for you. Go for it :).

The XC90 T8 is no tractor It's the 320bhp turbocharged and supercharged petrol with the 100 bhp electric motor. Used to get about 25 miles electric only. Averaged 43MPG over 2 years and did 60 in less than 6 seconds. It was incredible to drive. I nearly ordered another but the change to BIK pushed me to EV only