Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Performance - PRX21 - While Driving in Ludicrous Mode and changing to sport, car stuck in chill mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was driving with my wife to get a sweet treat yesterday and I thought I would put the car in sport mode to not make it so "jumpy" for her riding as a passenger in case I'm a little too "generous" taking off from a stop light / sign. When I did this, the car gave me a warning saying "Acceleration set to Chill Mode" and below it "Mode may be restored on next drive". Sure enough, it was in chill mode. None of the buttons were disabled under the driving tab and I could freely change it back and forth (but the acceleration never went out of chill mode).

I pulled over, put it in park. I did a power down and power up. Seemed to be fixed and it let me put it back in to Ludicrous mode before I left park and went to drive.

I tried putting it in chill mode while driving a little further down the road and when I accelerated it was still in Ludicrous mode even though the driving section had "chill" selected. I then attempted to put it into Ludicrous mode and it gave me the same warning / error message as above.

This time I put the car in park while stopped at a light, with Ludicrous mode selected and the warning went away and I was back in business. While I don't plan on taking it out of Ludicrous mode, I'm curious as to what was going on. I do have a service appointment on Monday for something unrelated, but figured I would ask if anyone else has experienced this

Attachments

• 42C93B3E-B8E8-4A3C-A07F-9EACA2154FA2.jpeg
    42C93B3E-B8E8-4A3C-A07F-9EACA2154FA2.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 134