Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid, cheaper than Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The X price cannot go up long term because CT price will be low because CT is competing with 40k cars (base price).

The X is as slow as Raven Model S and that is probably why it is priced respectively.

Looking at the past, Model S Performance prices have come down significantly. Same will happen to the Plaid in time.

So long as they are sold out Tesla can price them at will.

Now is probably a good time to get 3 or Y for the interim, or stick to your 2016.

My personal guess the Model S Plaid is the fastest accelerating production car currently and you pay a premium for that, the Model X Plaid on the other hand isn’t. S better handling and will have track mode/top speed of 200mph at some point.

The Plaid+ got dumped leaving the Model S Plaid to be the fastest, with the dumping a 10K increase immediately happened.

If I had to bet the Model S Plaid is cheaper to produce. Less metal, no falcon door, and many other aspects.

My personal guess the Model S Plaid is the fastest accelerating production car currently and you pay a premium for that, the Model X Plaid on the other hand isn’t. S better handling and will have track mode/top speed of 200mph at some point.

The Plaid+ got dumped leaving the Model S Plaid to be the fastest, with the dumping a 10K increase immediately happened.

If I had to bet the Model S Plaid is cheaper to produce. Less metal, no falcon door, and many other aspects.
Not fastest car sedan but it's still the fastest S.U.V. in production right now.

Reactions: Alex310
Plaid went up $6500 today because the 5 and 7 seat options were both removed. My order still shows 5 seater. Hoping that sticks as I don't need the extra seats and I don't want to pay $6500 to lose cargo space and mileage. Range drops a fraction from 335 to 333 with today's update.

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
Definitely interesting. Why only constrict the X Plaid to a 6 seater and not the X LR? One wouldn't think due to the supply for seats since there are way more orders for the LR than the Plaid. What am I missing?
They will probably try to charge the 6 seat option to everyone who has a 5 or 7 seat order for the Plaid, with the "escuse" that all Plaid X have 6 seats...
It's probably just a sneaky way to try to make people give up their X Plaid orders placed when the price was lower.