Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid delivered without the 22 inch wheel covers on the wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

My model x plaid was delivered at end of June this year and ordered back in October 2021. It was one of the end of quarter rush delivery. One of the falcon wing doors was having an alignment issue, and it took 7 service appointments and 2 service centers to get it adjusted correctly. Just when I thought my car would be in great shape, I found out that my wheels are missing those covers that other model x 22-inch wheels have. Does anyone also have the 22-inch wheels that were delivered without those covers? How important to have those covers on the wheels? Thanks

Attachments

• 401CC9E3-5FC8-449D-97C8-0AE52F7CDD10.jpeg
    401CC9E3-5FC8-449D-97C8-0AE52F7CDD10.jpeg
    569.6 KB · Views: 1,152
  • FEF0E71F-537B-476F-A915-7E8989665137.jpeg
    FEF0E71F-537B-476F-A915-7E8989665137.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 525
I just saw this post and realized mine didn't have them either. Realized that the box in the bottom of the trunk was what that was. It looks better without it, but I wonder if it improves range at all with it on?

Thank you folks. I think I prefer the wheels without them. I wish there were other wheel options. My wife is taking delivery next week of a white Model X and I'm going to have to go into the aftermarket to get 22" chrome wheels. She thinks the dark turbines should be called Darth Vader wheels.

Thank you folks. I think I prefer the wheels without them. I wish there were other wheel options. My wife is taking delivery next week of a white Model X and I'm going to have to go into the aftermarket to get 22" chrome wheels. She thinks the dark turbines should be called Darth Vader wheels.
I went with the 20’s from the factory, and as soon as it is ready for new tires these will become my winter wheels and tires with snow tires on them, and I’ll buy some after market 21’s or 22’s. I like a differentiated look. Plus the factory 22’s are over priced, in my opinion.

These "covers" are mildly polarizing.
I prefer them on my 2022(except when I'm topping up the tire pressure).
My wife likes her 2023 X without them.
To add weight to the scales, my delivery guy preferred the look with them on, and hers likes the wheels better without.