Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid insurance question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering a Model X Plaid order.. Curreny have a 2021 Model Y LR and I'm researching the Model X Plaid. My current insurance carrier only covers Model 3 or Y but not the Model S or X. Are there any Florida Model X Plaid owners on here? What insurance do you have and how much per 6 month/year?

I am not in Florida, but after having a significant price increase from my model X performance to plaid I shopped around. I had great success with metromile. Half the price.

The model S plaid and X I think now also have a standard OBDII port so you can plug in the metromile device.

I am not in Florida, but after having a significant price increase from my model X performance to plaid I shopped around. I had great success with metromile. Half the price.

The model S plaid and X I think now also have a standard OBDII port so you can plug in the metromile device.
May I ask how much per month/6-months/year?? I'm currently paying very little for the Model Y LR... $500 for 6 months or so..

All Teslas have a standard OBDII. That has been a requirement since long before Tesla was a thing.

All Teslas have a standard OBDII. That has been a requirement since long before Tesla was a thing.
Sometime around 2016 Tesla removed OBDII and put their own small diagnostics port on the bottom. Electric vehicles are example from emissions and do not require OBDII. Till this day model 3 and Y does not have an OBDII port. You can google this or go on Amazon and look for OBDII adapters. If you google metromile and Tesla you’ll find many articles.