Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a set that looks pretty much exactly the same aser.ankitjain91 off aliexpress, but it's around 9-10 dollars cheaper than Amazon.

Link: 26.58US $ 21% OFF|Mud Flaps For Telsa MODEL X 2016 2022 Splash Guards Fender MudFlaps Front Rear Mudguards Car Accessories| | - AliExpress

For the part that protrudes, I just cut them off and got an extra set of clips to clip onto the factory trim. You can also use nano tape which would work pretty well too, but probably more difficult to remove.

So I ordered and received the flaps from ZL1 Addons. Unfortunately they are for the previous years Model X and the fronts will not fit. I did alter them slightly to be able to use them to hold me over until an updated design or another product is released. Here are some pics.

Picking up MXLR in 2 weeks. Still can't find a set of mud flaps that claim to fit the 2022 MX I saw a few links in this thread that seemed promising, but am skeptical since they dont say 2022. Wondering if anyone has other suggestions. Thanks!

I got a set that looks pretty much exactly the same aser.ankitjain91 off aliexpress, but it's around 9-10 dollars cheaper than Amazon.

Link: 26.58US $ 21% OFF|Mud Flaps For Telsa MODEL X 2016 2022 Splash Guards Fender MudFlaps Front Rear Mudguards Car Accessories| | - AliExpress

For the part that protrudes, I just cut them off and got an extra set of clips to clip onto the factory trim. You can also use nano tape which would work pretty well too, but probably more difficult to remove.
These one works. Without screws too. Just got it and installed them.

I ordered these and they are obviously not designed to fit on a 2022 MX, they do fit if you don't care about slight issues, I had to cut the rear a bit to make it fit more snug. Also these clips work for the long term? I'm thinking putting the screws in might be safer.

I noticed they added a section in the Tesla service manual for a retrofit mudflap installation. Hopefully that means the part will be available for order soon

GUID-2E162FBA-8A9A-4EAB-9B60-F111331F4924-online-en-US.jpg

Reactions: Eskimo YoYo
I was not successful in attaching them to my MX. I will try one more time when I have some more patience, but as of right now these did not fit. They probably could with some modification but I am not going to do that. Really hoping someone makes a set for the 2022 model year soon.

I bought these same ones, made some very easy modifications with a box-cutter. Fits like a glove. Took me about 45 mins to install (spent most of the time cleaning). I used some double-sided 3M automotive tape on a couple spots and the clips provided and they've held up very well. That same weekend, I did a 300 mile round trip. I've driven now over 750 miles since, no issues. Can't beat $40 and less than an hour.

If you need some instruction on wear to cut, I can show you. I was too lazy to do a DIY...figured it's pretty straight-forward for the most of you.

Here are some pics:

Image_20220909_162047_897.jpeg

Image_20220909_162048_073.jpeg

untitled.jpg

For those looking to buy these Amazon ones: Amazon.com

Here's the modifications I made to them for a near perfect fit.

View attachment 855746

View attachment 855747
Data point, moded this Mixuper flaps

Only installed the fronts - I don't think the rears are needed that much.

Removed one small tab (see pictured) then drilled 3 holes (5/16) - only drill thru the plastic fender trim - used the plastic push pins to attach the flap.

20221010_192639.jpg
20221010_194751.jpg
20221010_205746.jpg
20221010_193133.jpg