Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a performance on order that I need to update to the refresh.

The plaid is about $20k more than the performance, that's quite an increase that I wasn't expecting.

Can't decide if I should stick with plaid or switch to long range. Thought it would be fun to have Ludacris mode, but now not sure about the price difference.

Anyone else having the same dilemma?

I have a Performance Ludicrous 2019 MX. So 0-60 in around 2.7sec.. its fun, but to be honest you hardly ever use it or come close to it in winter due to the cold pack. the new MX long range is still very quick <4sec 0-60, plus you get an extra 20 miles of range. quite honestly, for my next Tesla, I'm looking at just going with the long range.. they are plenty fast enough.

I have a performance on order that I need to update to the refresh.

The plaid is about $20k more than the performance, that's quite an increase that I wasn't expecting.

Can't decide if I should stick with plaid or switch to long range. Thought it would be fun to have Ludacris mode, but now not sure about the price difference.

Anyone else having the same dilemma?
I had a X Sig P90DL. I currently have a X 100D and am just as happy with it. I appreciate the range more than the 'minor' speed diff.

The Plaid has Tri-motor as well (torque vectoring).

oRehwD3.jpg

I have a 2016 X P90D and rarely get to use the insane acceleration. When I do, it’s 0-60 in 3.8 which is FAST!!!

The refreshed X LR is 0-60 in 3.8. I am going for the LR. The speed is insane already and I can’t see paying the $20,000 or whatever for just a bit more speed and literally no other real upgrades.

Save money, get more range and you still get insane acceleration! You will not be disappointed.

I have a 2016 X P90D and rarely get to use the insane acceleration. When I do, it’s 0-60 in 3.8 which is FAST!!!

The refreshed X LR is 0-60 in 3.8. I am going for the LR. The speed is insane already and I can’t see paying the $20,000 or whatever for just a bit more speed and literally no other real upgrades.

Save money, get more range and you still get insane acceleration! You will not be disappointed.

Actually, the price is difference is $30,000! I would suggest that is a crazy difference to go a little quicker. 0-60 in 3.8 is already faster than 99% of the people need 99% of the time.