Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL X PLAID READY IF I SWITCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All

New to this
Soooo
I currently have an order MX regular not PLAID est delivery date March 8th-May 31st '23
I put in my order May 19th.
Something I just noticed
Tesla.com drop down menu when you chose Model X, it automatically defaults to Plaid, interesting.
Anyway I'm thinking of upgrading (If you'd call it that) to the Plaid. Immediate delivery however which is great. However does anyone think I should wait for the 2023 Plaid model maybe facelift, matrix lights ect ...? Or edit my current purchase to the Paid and take delivery in two-three weeks?
Any thoughts/opinions would be much appreciated.
Stephen

Well, it won't be immediate. There are people with plaid orders in front of you. :) Seems like May/June/July orders have not been VIN'd yet. You are likely to get something by end of Sept at the end of quarter push.

As for waiting. There is ZERO guarantee any thing will happen. I seriously doubt there'll be a refresh or matrix lights. The question is simple, do you want the car or not. Plaid is the fastest way to get there. I mean this is the same question asked all over the internet about any tech item... should you wait for xxx.... you can, but then you will never actually get said item. Say you wait, then they announce there will be more HP, then you wait, then they say there will be new battery pack, then you wait... now you are 2 years in. Then what? :)

Haha shingles you are 100% rt. Bottom line, do I want the X Plaid.....?
Great response, sincerely thank you

Well, do ya punk?

1659837121276.jpeg

Appreciate the update! I just checked the fair market value on Edmunds for a low mileage used MX P 2022 from a private party in the northeast. It’s currently in the $117k and $123k range so if you can find one for $110 that would be a total steal. I’m sure you heard that Elon just reduced China’s prices by up to 9% due to falling demand over there. Fingers crossed for some price slashing here.

Appreciate the update! I just checked the fair market value on Edmunds for a low mileage used MX P 2022 from a private party in the northeast. It’s currently in the $117k and $123k range so if you can find one for $110 that would be a total steal. I’m sure you heard that Elon just reduced China’s prices by up to 9% due to falling demand over there. Fingers crossed for some price slashing here.

Elon Musk will be lucky to get a lump of coal in his stocking from me for Christmas. Still, what you said is inaccurate. They have rising production in china. So, it's unfair to say that the demand is lessened, rather that the amount of demand for the amount of production has lessened. Not quite the same thing. And that's only for model 3s and model Ys.

Hello All

New to this
Soooo
I currently have an order MX regular not PLAID est delivery date March 8th-May 31st '23
I put in my order May 19th.
Something I just noticed
Tesla.com drop down menu when you chose Model X, it automatically defaults to Plaid, interesting.
Anyway I'm thinking of upgrading (If you'd call it that) to the Plaid. Immediate delivery however which is great. However does anyone think I should wait for the 2023 Plaid model maybe facelift, matrix lights ect ...? Or edit my current purchase to the Paid and take delivery in two-three weeks?
Any thoughts/opinions would be much appreciated.
Stephen
Start enjoying now! Like I did, one of the first 2021 refreshes. So awesome a computer on wheels!

Hi mr10012
I stll haven't decided
I do not think I'm go to pay more for the Plad + I don't like the Yoke steering or the lack of stalks. I know I can install an after market round steering wheel but that seems ludicrous no pun intended. Sooooo....

I do not think I'm go to pay more for the Plad + I don't like the Yoke steering or the lack of stalks. I know I can install an after market round steering wheel but that seems ludicrous no pun intended. Sooooo....
In my case, I need every mile of range, so Plaid or 22" wheels were not an option... Not looking forward to Yoke or lack of stalks, but a lot of people are reporting that you get used to it. I'll have to see how this works out for me and my wife. If I were in a rush I might consider one of the several used 2022/2023 LR, but I have my current MX, so no reason to pay more than my reservation price.

Reactions: jonzcfo
Hi mr10012
I stll haven't decided
The yoke and lack of stalks are for any version of Model S/X. Not just plaids. I got used to it, and my wife sorta is used to it, but the dumbest thing ever is the stupid small button for the horn, not having the horn in the center is just plain idiotic. Blinkers are not bad, but still not ideal. I love the yoke style.

Reactions: jonzcfo