Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid Third Row Climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here. Have been so focused on actual stuff that is severely broken since delivery that this seems insignificant by comparison. What's even more annoying is no way to pair bluetooth headphones to rear entertainment making it completely useless.

Same issue here. Have been so focused on actual stuff that is severely broken since delivery that this seems insignificant by comparison. What's even more annoying is no way to pair bluetooth headphones to rear entertainment making it completely useless.

Yeah need to add that to the list of complaints. Would also be nice to be able to pair a Bluetooth remote to the rear screen to scroll or control volume.

I took in my MXLR for this issue and here are the technician notes. The 3rd row vents now have air flow but not as strong as I expected.

Technician confirmed concerns for no air coming out of 3rd row vents. Technician inspected C-pillars and vents. Technician removed floorboards and checked all junction points of the air vents in the middle and rear of the vehicle. Technician taped junctions to ensure an airtight seal and re-installed all parts. Technician confirmed vents have proper airflow to third row seats. Technician will note that the 3rd row vents have less strength then the vents in the front of the vehicle due to their distance from the fans.

My SC said the joints leaked air badly. They disassembled the entire interior to tape up the all duct joints. Even Elon pisses them off. The service manual had the vents located in the old X spots, whereas the 2021+ refresh has the ducts in a different location. That's why they needed to disassemble the entire interior to ensure all joints were sealed.

Reactions: jiehan and Prairie
I confirmed today that if I blast the air in the front it still does nothing. Clearly they are there for cosmetic reasons since it makes no sense why they wouldn't work. Total shame. I hate to say it. Being my 3 Tesla they have clearly gone in the wrong direction in quietly. Elon come on time to pick up your game here. Its about quality not quantity at these prices.

I confirmed today that if I blast the air in the front it still does nothing. Clearly they are there for cosmetic reasons since it makes no sense why they wouldn't work. Total shame. I hate to say it. Being my 3 Tesla they have clearly gone in the wrong direction in quietly. Elon come on time to pick up your game here. Its about quality not quantity at these prices.
I do think they are there for cosmetic reasons. There’s a post above that said that when they wrapped the duct work, it helped. I think the problem is simply that the ducting is too long and the fan not strong enough.

I actually had my LR refresh serviced for this, they kept the car for three days, ripped it apart and claimed they found leak in a ac duct that runs under the seats that carries air to the third row vents. To no surprise at all, the issue was not fixed, but they claimed it was much better than when I dropped the car off.

I dropped off my Model X to get this repaired before trying to search to see if it's a common problem. My drivers side rear most vent is not blowing any air and the passenger side is blowing a small amount (much lower than the middle row vents). Their update: "After further investigation we confirmed that the 3rd row vents are not designed for blowing air, they are for airflow ventilation only. The flow can change, depending on the speed of the vehicle, or which other vents in the car are turned off, turned on, or which direction they are pointing."

I dropped off my Model X to get this repaired before trying to search to see if it's a common problem. My drivers side rear most vent is not blowing any air and the passenger side is blowing a small amount (much lower than the middle row vents). Their update: "After further investigation we confirmed that the 3rd row vents are not designed for blowing air, they are for airflow ventilation only. The flow can change, depending on the speed of the vehicle, or which other vents in the car are turned off, turned on, or which direction they are pointing."
This is ridiculous. Why even put vents in the 3rd row if they don’t do anything?

Update when I picked up the car today: the service rep said only the driver vents, passenger vents, and rear vents on the rear console shown in this image of the owners manual (items 1, 4, and 5) are for blowing air and the vents on the B and C pillars (middle and rear rows) are for "airflow ventilation" only.

1672194179520.png

Update when I picked up the car today: the service rep said only the driver vents, passenger vents, and rear vents on the rear console shown in this image of the owners manual (items 1, 4, and 5) are for blowing air and the vents on the B and C pillars (middle and rear rows) are for "airflow ventilation" only.

But the refreshed X no longer has B-pillar vents...