Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

We just took possession of a 2022 Model X Plaid, and were surprised and disappointed by the warranty. We sold a 2019 Model X Performance at the same time (via private transaction), which had the unlimited mileage warranty on the battery and drive train. The electronic Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement for the Plaid included a link to the warranty document, which was dated 2017 and stated 8 years for the battery and drive train, with no limits to mileage. That was awesome and played a part in our decision to buy the newer version. After buying the car, I looked in the app, saw the 150K limit on mileage and did some research to ensure it was 'real'. I realize many of you were aware of the change, but we weren't, especially given the information in the link from our MVPA. I pulled up our MVPA again this morning, and the warranty link still points to the 2017 version with unlimited mileage. Any guidance from the group? Is this worth a follow up with Tesla, assuming we can even find a way to communicate with them, which I can't locate on their website. Thanks in advance. The link from my MVPA, dated Jun 29th, 2022 appears below.

I assume you want to contact Tesla to extent the warranty? If that’s what you want to do, I can save you time and energy - they won’t do anything. They don’t even sell an extended warranty anymore. There are aftermarket options.

Reactions: Q-ship
...2017 version with unlimited mileage...
Tesla keeps changing its terms on its website. It did in 2018 to remove the infinity mile warranty from the webpage.

Since you bought your car in 2022, it's no good to pull up a contract from 2017 when the webpage has changed since 2018.

This is not the only change Tesla makes. It does with many changes, from the mobile connector to standard connectivity.