Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid -- What to do?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MX Plaid on order with an original EDT of July. I just got a text that it will be ready in 2 days! I'm in the process of moving out of state in about 3 weeks, and don't want to have to pay for CA registration only to have to turn around and register it in Idaho.
It's a Black MXP with white interior and the 20" Cyberstream wheels.
Currently have a 2021 Model YP, but felt like I'd prefer the refinement and size of the X. Just wasn't expecting to deal with it so soon.

Any suggestions? Can I just reject/postpone delivery? Should I sell it to someone else since prices have jumped so much?

Thoughts?

Congrats on your move out of California. I did it a few years ago and couldn't be happier. You might be able to quickly form an LLC and buy the car through the LLC. It's pretty popular to form a Montana LLC for these purchases since we have no sales tax and if you're not going to be living in CA anymore it probably is a legitimate use of the LLC, though an Idaho LLC would obviously be more logical.

I have a MX Plaid on order with an original EDT of July. I just got a text that it will be ready in 2 days! I'm in the process of moving out of state in about 3 weeks, and don't want to have to pay for CA registration only to have to turn around and register it in Idaho.
It's a Black MXP with white interior and the 20" Cyberstream wheels.
Currently have a 2021 Model YP, but felt like I'd prefer the refinement and size of the X. Just wasn't expecting to deal with it so soon.

Any suggestions? Can I just reject/postpone delivery? Should I sell it to someone else since prices have jumped so much?

Thoughts?
When did you order your model x plaid ?

Congrats on your move out of California. I did it a few years ago and couldn't be happier. You might be able to quickly form an LLC and buy the car through the LLC. It's pretty popular to form a Montana LLC for these purchases since we have no sales tax and if you're not going to be living in CA anymore it probably is a legitimate use of the LLC, though an Idaho LLC would obviously be more logical.
Can you explain this process? I have an LLC and am curious if it is worth buying a car through it? I don’t have any business expenses though so not sure how taxes would work.