Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine there must be as Model S/X currently share a production line, it seems to be in Tesla's best interest to consolidate platforms as the Plaid S transitions to 4680 battery and new platform and also update the vehicles to keep them competitive. Competition from Lucid,Mercedes (EQS SUV), and others are coming.

I imagine there must be as Model S/X currently share a production line, it seems to be in Tesla's best interest to consolidate platforms as the Plaid S transitions to 4680 battery and new platform and also update the vehicles to keep them competitive. Competition from Lucid,Mercedes (EQS SUV), and others are coming.

The skateboard would be possible is shared, but it may require some body rework. We don't really know where they squeezed the motors right now. There very well could be issues with the body arches in the X that prevents an additional motor. This is one of those things I don't think a MX = MS 1:1. But I do think you're right, the EVP[erformance] SUV wars are coming.

so the model x plaid is oddly at the same price as the model s plaid. 119k.

this is causing me to wonder if the x isn't a better value. it will still be faster than my ludicrous model s and more room and rear hitch and fwd.

anyone else considering model x plaid especially when it is the same price as Model S plaid?

Reactions: DIL and 5JMJ
Additional question, if you don't mind: has it ever been before thaz Tesla asked same price for S and X (e.g. performance) variant?
I don't think so, The X was always at least 3k more than the S.

I think the last performance models were $112k for the S and $117k for the X.

The base model X now is $10k more than the base S, but plaids are same $121k.

• Informative
Reactions: 46&2
Any more thoughts on difference between plaid x and plaid s. I'm considering passing up my plaid s order (at the lower 119k price) and waiting for my plaid x order (also at 119k). The plaid X EDD is January. Doesn't say what year though...