Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X power steering bolts NHTSA Recall

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
NHTSA Recall Code 20V-062 certain Model X 2015-1016 bolts holding power steering unit can corrode and break. This was settled on early Model S some time ago. I received a letter about this in early April and the best guess at that time was that the parts would be available in Late Summer 2020.

Not seeing a thread on this but want to hear when people are getting this settled so please note if you are waiting and once you get the fix.

Reactions: z168 and Majorfubar

SMSMD

Dec 2, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My car steering broke down on way home, reached home safely, on restarting the car any steering movement would cause a loud noise.
I presume they are only fixing those with a complaint or broken down cars like mine. My car was in for SC for four weeks. I still have noise in extreme right or left turns, can't make sense of it. Fed up to make an appointment.
20200403_210358.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC