Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Premium Upgrade Price Decrease — What it means for existing orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spectrum

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Atlanta
I have an X100D on order (see Tracker spreadsheet for my dates). I've asked 2 different owner advisors at Tesla and they both denied making a $2,500 adjustment on my order. I think this is unfair and I would love to see if any of you are in a similar situation — and see what you're doing about it.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I really don’t get why they wouldn’t discount us a little bit. If we were to cancel our cars would turn into inventory vehicles that they would have to sell for the lower price.
I wish there are more inventory vehicles available so my local SC can have some damn loaners available. Since early this year they've sold them all and never replenished.

I have an X100D on order (see Tracker spreadsheet for my dates). I've asked 2 different owner advisors at Tesla and they both denied making a $2,500 adjustment on my order. I think this is unfair and I would love to see if any of you are in a similar situation — and see what you're doing about it.

Why? The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement clearly states you are buying what is listed on that page for that price.

Imagine if Tesla removed the subzero weather package and made it a $2000 add-on, would you be okay with Tesla taking that away since you didn't pay the $2000 and your car hasn't been delivered yet?

Reactions: GSP and P85_DA
Tesla isn't legally obligated to adjust the price for existing orders when there's a price drop. However, they have sometimes done so in the past (e.g. most recent example being the Model 3 P price drop) so it's disappointing that they're not allowing it this time. Maybe some executive escalation or tweets to Elon would be helpful.

Why? The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement clearly states you are buying what is listed on that page for that price.

Imagine if Tesla removed the subzero weather package and made it a $2000 add-on, would you be okay with Tesla taking that away since you didn't pay the $2000 and your car hasn't been delivered yet?
Imagine you reserved a new TV from Best Buy for in store pickup, and it’s listed at $1,000. You get to the store only to find that’s it’s now for sale for only $750. Everyone else is able to walk in and get that TV for $750, but Best Buy refuses to honor that price and forces you to pay $1,000 to get the EXACT same TV. Would you be happy even though it’s exactly what you agreed to?

My car hasn’t even been built, much less delivered or paid for. It is bullshit they won’t honor the price for me. Any retailer on earth would honor the lower price for something you ordered but hadn’t yet picked up or paid for.

Imagine you reserved a new TV from Best Buy for in store pickup, and it’s listed at $1,000. You get to the store only to find that’s it’s now for sale for only $750. Everyone else is able to walk in and get that TV for $750, but Best Buy refuses to honor that price and forces you to pay $1,000 to get the EXACT same TV. Would you be happy even though it’s exactly what you agreed to?

My car hasn’t even been built, much less delivered or paid for. It is bullshit they won’t honor the price for me. Any retailer on earth would honor the lower price for something you ordered but hadn’t yet picked up or paid for.

Actually i've reserved many things for online pickup from Walmart.com and the price online is usually different from what is in the store. By your logic, i should pay the in store price that everyone else is paying that day and not the online price i got yesterday.

You don't have to be happy, that's just the reality of the situation. Think of ALL the people who didn't order the PUP, should they now be forced to buy a car with PUP since that is whats for sale today and pay the extra $3k? If your answer is no, then you're a hypocrite.

If your answer is yes, then well sure Tesla should honor today's price.

Reactions: GSP and P85_DA
Actually i've reserved many things for online pickup from Walmart.com and the price online is usually different from what is in the store. By your logic, i should pay the in store price that everyone else is paying that day and not the online price i got yesterday.

You don't have to be happy, that's just the reality of the situation. Think of ALL the people who didn't order the PUP, should they now be forced to buy a car with PUP since that is whats for sale today and pay the extra $3k? If your answer is no, then you're a hypocrite.

If your answer is yes, then well sure Tesla should honor today's price.
This is not a black and white contract law class at Harvard law. A fair and reasonable person would agree that those who didn’t get PUP should not be charged any more, and those that did should be given the new price.

Reactions: Gpa9504
@welcomewagon actually none of us can help here we’re just bored trolling the forums :oops:...have you talked to your OA like Spud did ? ...did he give you the definite no ? For me when i repriced my P100 I bought earlier it was same as PUP was already included so I paid the higher price lol:(

@welcomewagon actually none of us can help here we’re just bored trolling the forums :oops:...have you talked to your OA like Spud did ? ...did he give you the definite no ? For me when i repriced my P100 I bought earlier it was same as PUP was already included so I paid the higher price lol:(
Yep, received a hard no from two different contacts at Tesla. Won’t honor lower price and would forfeit deposit if I reordered.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA