Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X- Prepainted Front Bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 red Model X P90DL. I was under the impression that Tesla Service Centers sold prepainted front bumpers to customers. Today I reached out to the Berkeley, CA service center and they said they do not sell prepainted front bumpers over the counter, as it is a "Tesla only" part. Does anyone have any experience with this? I called some Tesla approved collision centers and they want $2,500-$3,500 to install a new front bumper. Apparently Tesla only sells the unpainted front bumpers to the collision centers, so they need to color match. Is my best bet purchasing an OEM prepainted front bumper off ebay?

I have a 2016 red Model X P90DL. I was under the impression that Tesla Service Centers sold prepainted front bumpers to customers. Today I reached out to the Berkeley, CA service center and they said they do not sell prepainted front bumpers over the counter, as it is a "Tesla only" part. Does anyone have any experience with this? I called some Tesla approved collision centers and they want $2,500-$3,500 to install a new front bumper. Apparently Tesla only sells the unpainted front bumpers to the collision centers, so they need to color match. Is my best bet purchasing an OEM prepainted front bumper off ebay?
Either purchase a painted one off eBay or from a scrapyard or buy the unpainted bumper and take it to a paint/collision shop.

Upvote 0