Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cut by $2000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -

Brand new poster and infrequent forum poster in general. I tried to search for another thread on discounts but didn’t find one - so I created this.

I don’t own a Tesla yet but obsessing over a Model X - so much so that every day I price out the car on the website.

Just now noticed the price seems to have dropped $2000 tonight. Anyone else notice this?

Indeed you are correct. Same here in Europe.
Cancel and reorder? Since I have no idea what the status of my order is... I'm hesitant
What gives?? I ordered a X on 4/27. Still not one single word since the confirmation email. Worth to cancel and re order? For me it would only be a 1k savings since they raised FSD by 1k a week after I bought. Not sure it’s worth a Savings of only 1k as then could possibly miss the tax cutoff deadline. Idk been in the dark so long it’s a little annoying honestly.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
What gives?? I ordered a X on 4/27. Still not one single word since the confirmation email. Worth to cancel and re order? For me it would only be a 1k savings since they raised FSD by 1k a week after I bought. Not sure it’s worth a Savings of only 1k as then could possibly miss the tax cutoff deadline. Idk been in the dark so long it’s a little annoying honestly.
Their also offering Free Supercharging on Inventory cars now as well.

Reactions: DanCar
I also notice before when you chose the FSD option at $6000, in smaller print underneath it says if you install it later after purchase it will be $8000.

That statement is not there anymore. It is replaced with “Full Self-Driving Capability is available for purchase post-delivery, prices are likely to increase over time with new feature releases.”

Does that mean a change in policy - that even post-delivery you can buy FSD for $6000 not $8000 if the feature set hasn’t changed?

Hi -

Brand new poster and infrequent forum poster in general. I tried to search for another thread on discounts but didn’t find one - so I created this.

I don’t own a Tesla yet but obsessing over a Model X - so much so that every day I price out the car on the website.

Just now noticed the price seems to have dropped $2000 tonight. Anyone else notice this?

So does this push you over the edge to order? Come join the dark side. We have cookies...

I also notice before when you chose the FSD option at $6000, in smaller print underneath it says if you install it later after purchase it will be $8000.

That statement is not there anymore. It is replaced with “Full Self-Driving Capability is available for purchase post-delivery, prices are likely to increase over time with new feature releases.”

Does that mean a change in policy - that even post-delivery you can buy FSD for $6000 not $8000 if the feature set hasn’t changed?

With Elon's hinting about raising the price of FSD substantially after it's rolled out, they might have removed that statement to avoid conflict if they ask for $10k in a couple months instead.

Or not. We'll have to see.

What Tesla should have been stating all along on post-delivery activation of FSD:

"Current price of activation of FSD after delivery is $xxx; this price is not guaranteed and may change in the future"

Tesla should provide an indication of how much the post-delivery activation currently would cost - to help owners make the decision to include or exclude FSD from their order configuration.

where to see the post regarding to Free SC for life time?

Screenshot_20190521-054134.png

• Informative
Reactions: deonb and TJtv
So does this push you over the edge to order? Come join the dark side. We have cookies...
I'm doing an extended test drive this weekend. They let me take a Model X home from Sat 5pm til Monday morning. I need to test the falcon wing doors in my garage. We are close to pulling the trigger - my wife is actually fully on board. She is picky with new cars and instantly loved the Tesla.

I've just never paid $100K for a car before. Highest I've gone is $50K new. Instead of cookies if you give me $50K I'm in.

I'm doing an extended test drive this weekend. They let me take a Model X home from Sat 5pm til Monday morning. I need to test the falcon wing doors in my garage. We are close to pulling the trigger - my wife is actually fully on board. She is picky with new cars and instantly loved the Tesla.

I've just never paid $100K for a car before. Highest I've gone is $50K new. Instead of cookies if you give me $50K I'm in.

It's a lot of money, no doubt.

Not really much more than a comparable MB, BMW, or Volvo SUV - especially once you factor in the difference in maintenance and fuel costs. It'll probably hold resale value better, too (after rebates are factored in.)

The other way to look at it is a really nice car plus a ~$20k donation towards a better world.