Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys,

Just noticed yet another price increase on the Model X, out of interest this morning I reconfigured my current MX60 order to the same spec but the now the entry level 75 model . I have calculated that it is a whopping £14000 more than my order which was placed in August!!
I have also just had news that the £150 accessory hitch which I had placed with the order is now no longer available but they are going to fit the £700 tow hitch for th same price.....result!!

Just wondered how your original order price compares to if you had waited and ordered at today's prices??

Kind regards

Tanflado

Reactions: Lowey007
Wow! I've been worried to even look at my original June pricing, in case it's mysteriously increased!
There'll come a point where the tesla X is just way to expensive. I test drove it last week and for the first time I felt that it was not worth the £80k plus money. It lacks refinements that i would expect in a premium car, the seats inparticular are disappointing, no,adjustable support under the knee for one.

I am annoyed that my trade in has not even been valued by tesla. I did prompt them in August and told them that I want to trade in now even though delivery will not be in many months. Clearly my car is not worth what is was 4 months ago. Maybe tesla can compensate me with an upgrade option?

Reactions: Lowey007
Ordered 1st nov and price now £2650 more!! Pretty scary, have to say despite awesomeness of the car in particular speed and tech, it's bloody expensive but to rub salt in wound, I'm finding the service and communication from Tesla bloody. Non existent... Can't beleive any other car manufacturer would dare to be as aloof.. Still can't wait to get delivery though hopefully in March as assured o_O

I also ordered a 60D X at end of July 16. I have to say my numbers are different to TAN I make it a difference of £12620 between the 60D I chose and the 75D now specked the same. However I paid extra £2400 for enhanced autopilot so really the difference is £15020. The worry is they will make us pay a much larger amount to upgrade our 60d to 75d than was suggested when it was being sold to us. Based on the price when we ordered this could be a minimum of £12600 which is almost double wow and that's taking into account we paid for smart air suspension ... wow it's a lot.

they will make us pay a much larger amount to upgrade our 60d to 75d than was suggested

I've read other people say that they always intended to upgrade on Day One (wanted cheaper sticker price for some reason) and that was honoured. However, if you upgrade after X-months (or Weeks ... or Days !!) then "current price" would be entirely reasonable.

my trade in has not even been valued by tesla

Is the issue that they won't value the trade in until the trade in "event" is imminent?

Currently on the model S it is a £6200 uplift from 60 to 75 .
I am not planning on upgrading as 98% of my charging will be from home/work and the golf club where they have just installed 2 Tesla destination chargers which I must admit I haven't stopped smiling about since they went in............Never seen one car charging in either yet though!! Hopefully I can adopt one of them as my permanent parking space whilst i`m out on the course...........

Tesla valued my part-ex for 90 days but the 90 days are over and the car isn't here. I will get a new quote but I noticed on the Tesla website that they guarantee to match the Auto-Trader valuation or beat it which puts my cars £2k more than the original value Tesla stated when we got our valuation. The funny thing is, when we were being persuaded to purchase the Model-S, we were told Tesla would match the Auto-Trader quote to be then told once the deposit was paid, that we misunderstood. I am glad I have found evidence on the website which will allow me to hopefully get a better deal come part-ex time

Get a Trade In Quote | Tesla UK

Currently on the model S it is a £6200 uplift from 60 to 75 .
I am not planning on upgrading as 98% of my charging will be from home/work and the golf club where they have just installed 2 Tesla destination chargers which I must admit I haven't stopped smiling about since they went in............Never seen one car charging in either yet though!! Hopefully I can adopt one of them as my permanent parking space whilst i`m out on the course...........

That's a very forward thinking golf club indeed! Most members live very close to their club so using a "destination" charger in those circumstances seems a bit wrong to me. Maybe they should be reserved for visitors or country members ;).

Which golf club? If I ever get my car I might head over. Could be a Tesla owners golf day :)

Rockliffe hall hotel near Darlington and yes Tesla have had a number of test drive days there.

if anyone fancies a knock just give me the heads up........perhaps we could try and get a few of us to meet for a game once the weather improves..........?? Model X versus Model S owners ..... ha ha

Rockliffe hall hotel near Darlington and yes Tesla have had a number of test drive days there.

if anyone fancies a knock just give me the heads up........perhaps we could try and get a few of us to meet for a game once the weather improves..........?? Model X versus Model S owners ..... ha ha

Sounds like a plan, my S is still in the production queue so won't get it until the weather improves anyway o_O

My X is also in the production queue , I have asked for March 1st delivery but have only just realised I will be out of the country golfing and do not return until the following week.............. my wife has suggested doing the honours ......:rolleyes:
#nochance:D

My X is also in the production queue , I have asked for March 1st delivery but have only just realised I will be out of the country golfing and do not return until the following week.............. my wife has suggested doing the honours ......:rolleyes:
#nochance:D

I shouldn't worry, you've more chance of a golfing Condor than Tesla hitting a deadline as precise as that :D

Reactions: Tanflado
I also ordered a 60D X at end of July 16. I have to say my numbers are different to TAN I make it a difference of £12620 between the 60D I chose and the 75D now specked the same. However I paid extra £2400 for enhanced autopilot so really the difference is £15020. The worry is they will make us pay a much larger amount to upgrade our 60d to 75d than was suggested when it was being sold to us. Based on the price when we ordered this could be a minimum of £12600 which is almost double wow and that's taking into account we paid for smart air suspension ... wow it's a lot.
I guess that's the reward for having the balls to be an early adopter, this does seem to be a consistent trend with Tesla, my main hope is quality control has been upped a couple of notches from the early LHD MX that came off the production line? Reading through the forums quality issues have been addressed but RHD models are in unchartered territory so who knows what we can expect??

@E60MKF just the same situation as you with a trade in against a new MX due in Jan. I went to Autotrader to get the quote but it came back with "cannot value this vehicle as it is either too rare or an unknown manufacturer" How did you get your value? My car is June 14 MS 85. Thanks

@E60MKF just the same situation as you with a trade in against a new MX due in Jan. I went to Autotrader to get the quote but it came back with "cannot value this vehicle as it is either too rare or an unknown manufacturer" How did you get your value? My car is June 14 MS 85. Thanks

When I went to the Tesla Store, the staff brought a valuation from the AutoTrader website and said that they will match it but then when I ordered they claimed I misunderstood and that they could offer £xxx which was £2000. I believe if you are trading in a Tesla, the residuals are quite high and the store will do a valuation for you. I think you can call them over the phone to do it too