Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, great forum. I am looking into purchasing a Tesla Model X in the near future. I have already visited the showroom and took a 2hr tour. I like the car and the power. I am trading my 2016 escalade, hopefully a good move. I was configuring a model X at the showroom and was confused with 70D and 90D. I was more looking at the price. I feel i should just go for the 90.. My question is 2 fold

1. Is there a discount on the car - besides the 7500 tax credit. Do they negotiate on the price.

2. Should I purchase a demo from the dealership, I looked at 2 of them and one matches close to the car I would configure and they are offering 2000.00 off - It has 700 miles.

I appreciate all the feedback

raj

If you are going for the 90D it is very worth it to spend the extra 3k to get the 100D. Get the VIN of the demo car if you thinking of going that way. Tesla unlike most car manufacturers continually makes improvements and the Model X has seen a lot of improvements over time. The ViN will tell you how recently it was built. Also check to make sure the demo car has 2nd generation of hardware for auto pilot because that is worth more than 2k over a car with the 1st generation. Lastly, yes you can haggle with the demo car, probably not with a new custom order.

For new cars there's no negotiating but if the company as a whole are coming short of sales quota for a quarter we have seen them waive the delivery fees.

Inventory cars maybe subject to some negotiating but it depends upon you finding a rock chip, a scratch, some kind of blemish that they can't fix right away.

Tesla doesn't negotiate like typical car dealers. The price pretty much is the price. You can save a few thousand on inventory cars, but that's about it. Definitely make sure and use the referral for the $1,000 discount. If you have any friends with Tesla's, you can use their code. If you want a car with the new auto pilot 2 hardware and the extra features that will eventually be available, your inventory choices will be somewhat limited.

As for the tax rebates, 7,500 is the federal rebate, some states offer additional rebates on the car or home charger (wall power connector) installation,

As far as 70D vs 90D it really depends on how you will use the car. If you are planning cross country trips definitely go with the 90D, maybe even consider the 100D if you decide to order a car instead of purchase an inventory car. Personally I'd buy a 150kw battery if Tesla offered it. :)

Reactions: xkwizit
great recommendations. thank you !

is there a website to check the vin and the production date. I am looking for the autopilot 2 but now i am confused to see what is the difference in auto pilot 2 vs full driving capabilities. which one to get ?

is there a website to check the vin and the production date. I am looking for the autopilot 2 but now i am confused to see what is the difference in auto pilot 2 vs full driving capabilities. which one to get ?
Usually on the pre-owned site it will say "first-gen" autopilot which indicates it is the previous generation hardware suite.

Full self-driving is only with Autopilot 2 and is not enabled yet (may be a few months, may be several years depending on regulations).

You would likely future-proof yourself more with AP2 but AP1 is still very good and a pleasure to use.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby and xkwizit

AP2 is the hardware suite installed. When you get AP2 you can then buy 1) Enhanced Autopilot which is most features you'll want over the next year, maybe 2. And then you can also add now (or later at little more cost) Full Autonomous Driving, which won't be ready for a while IMHO, depends on regulations, etc.

You are best getting an AP2 hardware car, and at least just Enhanced Autopilot (which is rolling out slowly right now and will be at parity+ with older AP1 cars by this year end I'd say).

Now if you don't mind the wait, the 100D is a better deal. You get like 102kWh (high 80s usable) battery actually, and in the 90D you are getting the older tech battery and actually only like 86kWh total (81kWh usable). That is worth the $3K more for new.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Hi Everyone, great forum. I am looking into purchasing a Tesla Model X in the near future. I have already visited the showroom and took a 2hr tour. I like the car and the power. I am trading my 2016 escalade, hopefully a good move. I was configuring a model X at the showroom and was confused with 70D and 90D. I was more looking at the price. I feel i should just go for the 90.. My question is 2 fold

1. Is there a discount on the car - besides the 7500 tax credit. Do they negotiate on the price.

2. Should I purchase a demo from the dealership, I looked at 2 of them and one matches close to the car I would configure and they are offering 2000.00 off - It has 700 miles.

raj
There is no negation on a new car. There are plenty of older new cars with AP1 hardware rather than AP2 which they are trying to get rid of which go for a lower price.

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby

Hi Raj,
Officially, Tesla does not negotiate or discount. In reality, they do. There are several good resources and combinations that can get you a good deal.

1. Obviously you have already been given the option of a demo model for $2000 off. You are able to stack a referral discount on top of that for another $1000 off. They're available via links. You can use my referral code or someone else's code. For an inventory car, after you click Buy and place a deposit, you can call your rep up and give them the code to apply to your order. My referral code is andrea7529. (Tesla gives rewards to those who collect referrals, so we would appreciate it if you used someone's who helped you out.)

2. You can browse the inventory helper sites. www.ev-cpo.com and www.teslainventory.com are two of them. They will allow you to search for the options you want. Most inventory cars are discounted to some degree, the question is how much. Since you're in TX, I'm assuming Woodlands is probably the best for you. Here are some cars in the area at a discount:
- Red on Black, 7 Seater, Loaded but no Tow Package. $2,600 discount.

If you don't mind having older hardware, here are some exceptional discounts:
- P90D White on Black, 7 Seater, Loaded but no Tow Package. $25,800 discount.

You can stack the referral discount on top of either of those as well.

There is no negation on a new car. There are plenty of older new cars with AP1 hardware rather than AP2 which they are trying to get rid of which go for a lower price.

raj
Hi Raj

im getting ready to sell my 2016 Model X P90DL here are the specs:
Model X P90DL
All-Wheel Drive Included Red Multi-Coat Paint Included 22" Silver Wheels Included Black Leather Seats Included Glossy Obeche Wood Décor Included White Alcantara Headliner Included Seven Seat Interior Included Ludicrous Speed Upgrade , Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included Autopilot Convenience Features Included Premium Interior and Lighting Included Smart Air Suspension Included Ultra High Fidelity Sound Included Subzero Weather Package, new all weather floor mat. V 5YJXCAE41GFS00839 1,162 Miles, excellent condition. I love this SUV but my kids are to small to ride in this luxury vehicle

Attachments

• IMG_2055.JPG
    IMG_2055.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2058.JPG
    IMG_2058.JPG