TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X production surge.

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by No2DinosaurFuel, Sep 24, 2016.

1. No2DinosaurFuel

I was heading to the bay area yesterday and saw 7 fully load trucks of mostly Model X heading to So Cal or other places in the south I guess. This is in 1 day and I might have missed a few. Point is I think there will be some inventory discount soon for these Model X heading into the end of this quarter or end of next quarter.

So gets your money ready if you are looking for the Model X at a discount.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Why do you believe they are inventory cars and not preordered?

3. geneclean55

geneclean55 Member

Just the end of quarter rush

4. No2DinosaurFuel

Usually they don't send that many vehicles down at the same time for preorders. Also they were almost all the same color.

Looks like they were mass produced at the similar specs and sent to service center. Again it is my opinion but I think it is a good hunch.

5. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

What silliness. Of course they send cars down with full trailers. Why would they only put a couple on a transporter? When making at least 2200 a week that's a lot of cars to transport at a time

6. No2DinosaurFuel

Doesn't explain the same color/model. And not at least 7 trailers all in one day to possibly the same location. All this happened in 1 hour session. There might be more later but I did not hang around to see.

I never mentioned anything about half full trailer.

7. geneclean55

geneclean55 Member

I see some MS cars, and also several of those trailers have a number of darker colored (red/blue maybe) MX cars.

8. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

I looked over the pictures. Doesn't look the same color to me. Many different color shown.

9. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

Those could all be preordered cars. I've seen trucks backed up on Pullman by the Costa Mesa sales and service center tyring to unload a bunch of new cars.

10. cmc5dc

cmc5dc Member

Indeed, that is what the SC told me.

11. No2DinosaurFuel

There is a few model S but they are mostly model x. You can really tell unless you are there. The model s and x look pretty similar in the front and back to begin with so given the grainy picture from my dashcam. Combine that with the shake and the dirty window and the distance from the truck I can see how you can misinterpret them as model s.

There are a few colors. But mostly white or pearl white. See some of the later trucks. Maybe white is a popular color if they are indeed all preorders.

12. john392

john392 Member

I heard from my HK rep that overseas order are made mostly at the end of the quarter to optimize transport. Then there would be several hundreds of car going out to port at the same time. Same color would make sense.

• Informative x 1
  13. bradnabors

bradnabors Member

Did you see a white MX heading to Texas? That was mine! :)

• Funny x 1